Gateway financing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fingrrrl, Oct 17, 2001.

1. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Two questions:

Of course because my FICO isn't good enough for everyone, I'll probably end up getting Hurley State Bank to do my financing for my Gateway computer at some horrendous rate, but maybe not...my score is up since the last time I applied and was only offered rates from Hurley State Bank. Anyway, if I was to get only an offer at Hurley State Bank do you think I could ask them for a better rate after a few payments? Or is that rate locked in for the life of the loan? Has anyone done this? Also, if I was to get a loan from them would it show up on my report as Gateway financing or from Hurley State Bank? I don't know, I don't really want a subprime bank listed on my report. I already have Providian there. Thanks in advance!

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I applied for credit with gateway, I got approved for $2500 and financing was thru mbna. outrageous rates though.

3. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

On my credit reports its listed as Gateway/HSB. By the way HSB is now owned by citibank.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i have a radioshack.com card, its hurley , its listed as "Associates Commerce bank"

5. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Of course you'll get outrageous rates on a depreciable item. Well, I did it...$1700 financing with Hurley at 20%. Was originally 27.99% but I talked the lady on the phone into lowering it. She was really nice too, so for this reason I highly recommend Gateway. The computer I wanted with tax and shipping came out to alomst $2100 and after talking with her supervisor and literally bugging him to a point where he would say yes to anything, they "ate" the other $400 in charges and I got my $2100 computer for $1700, $61 a month for the next 36 months. Maybe they really need to sell computers what with the tech slump and all but who knows? She was super nice and I totally recommend Gateway! :)