Gateway Same-As-Cash Offer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Sep 2, 2000.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I am looking to purchase a new computer in the next few weeks- particularly a Gateway- and saw that they offer a 90-day same-as-cash financing plan.

How difficult is it to obtain their financing? How about Dell?

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

i have some bad credit and i was approved for a gateway card. $1400 limit at 27.9% interest rate. I have friends who have some bad credit too and they were also approved that's how i found out about it as a friend at work was telling me and she has really bad credit and i could not believe how she had gotten approved. I had applied online before her telling me about it and when she said that she called in over the phone and applied and was approved then i decided to call in over the phone too and sure enought i was approved when i did it that way and already have my system. it's weird how their system works but sure enough i am using the computer right now. hope this helps.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

oh yeah i applied with dell and was turned down cold no.

4. Jake

Jake Guest

Dell is pretty hard

5. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I sold GW's for three years. MBNA does their prime program with a nice rate, but you have to have spotless credit to get it. They offer a subrime with very high interest rates. One note, if you get back on payments, they will sue, and your tech support, warranty, and internet go out the window with it. I personally saw them sue for less than $500.

6. jp123

jp123 Guest

With the Sub=Prime offer will they approve you or has anyone been approved 2 years after a BK. I have recovered and now have 3 MC/Visa's and a Home Depot, Ford Lease. I would like to go Gateway and add this to my list of positive listings on my report. The only thing I don't want is a unapproved Inq on file file. Any info would be helpful.

7. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I seen worse go through ok. I think yours would be ok too. The scenario is that the sales rep will tell you you have been turned down. Don't sweat it, two days later you'll get a call from a rep in a different sales department. It's still only one inquiry, because your credit file moves to the other rep. They will then offer to finance you at the higher rate. This is how it worked last year when I was still selling for them.