gateway

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by alice, Mar 9, 2001.

1. alice

alice Guest

I applied for a computer from gateway turned down, now about two weeks later they are calling me I told them I was turned down they asked if I wanted to reapply I told them no didn't, now a finance manager is calling. Has anyone else had them do this? And did you get financed?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST TELL THEM YOU TOOK YOU BUSINESS ELSEWHERE...

END OF STATEMENT!!!

3. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Alice,

I had a similar situation with gateway (which finances through Household). What I did was called Dell (1-800-dell 4 me) and they approved me right away for 5,000 at 9.9%. the interest rate varies depending on your creditworthiness. Gateway just lost what would have been a good customer. By the way, Dell's customer service has been terrific and I received the system two days later via UPS. Best of luck.

Sean

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Go with Dell and thank your guardian angel you didn't get Gateway. We bought Gateway products and had nothing but trouble, 45 minute waits for technical assistance, and minimal help at the "local stores". Go to Dell and tell Gateway to go to... well, you get the idea.

5. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Word of mouth= Dell is better
    I have heard the exact same story from at least 3 or 4 friends of mine and co workers---getting turned down and then approved. GO figure. IF you still need a computer why not?
    am