Gee... they are stingy

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Susan, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Susan

Susan Guest

Orchard bank is sooooo stingy. How stingy is Orchard Bank? The are soooo stingy that they gave me only a $150.00 credit line increase.Have anybody go any good line increases from Orchard?

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I used to have a MC with Orchard. My first increase was $100 after 6 months. After that (every six months), it was larger - topped out at $500 (I think). Limit originally $300, ended at $2K before I closed it.

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Yep, that's pretty bad but I've got you beat. 1st Premier is worse! I've been with them a year...maintained a perfect record....and I was rewarded with a $50 increase. What an insult!

4. JP

JP Guest

I just recently closed 4 Orchard accounts. All in good standing, never late payment and always paid in full each month. They offered to increase the limits on all 4 by $200 (hehe) or reduce the APR (didn't matter, I pay the entire balance each month). I declined the offers and closed the accounts because I now have prime cards w/ no annual fees.

In short, they are not liberal with increases.

JP

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I have two Orchard accounts. The first one was opened in '94. The second in 11/98. Last year, I started to get increases on both every three months. Before that it was every six months.

The '94 account now is at $5K. I don't think Orchard goes any higher than that but I'll wait another two months to find out. The '98 account started at $300 and now is $1900 with another increase due in two weeks. The increases have ranged from $100 to $500 each time.

Orchard has waived annual fees on both cards every year. The current APR is 16.4 which should drop .5 because of the December fed cut.