General Citibank questions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Jan 1, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I have a few questions about Citibank cards please answer if you can.

1. Can you combine 2 Citibank cards? (Platinum Select and Reg. AAdvantage)
    2. Do they have to be at least 6 months old?
    3. Can you upgrade Reg. AAdvantage to Gold AADvantage? (I know you can upgrade Reg. AAdvantage to Platinum Select card)
    4. How often do they give credit increases without asking for them?
    If you know the answers to any of these questions please feel free to answer, but if you do answer, say how you know i.e did a rep tell you or did this personally happen to you.
    Thank you.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

1. I was told no to this, I have had Platinum select for over a year, 10.9% and they wouldn't let me combine the addvantage cards with it, of course because of rate I suppose.

3. Why bother other than the miles are more for the gold, silver doesn't seem that much different??

4. I know Citibank peeks at my reports every 4-6 months. And if you request a line increase you can do it right online, as long as you are signed up for online access, and you get an email within 24 hours after you request it telling you wheyher you got increase or not(inquiry).

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Regarding limit increases: Jo reported a few months ago having her Citibank credit line increased from $1,000 to $28,000. No, that's not a typo.

You have to know how to do this though. Use the board search option to find the post. It was very informative.

Of course, they will only grant an increases if your income supports it and there is no recent or serious derogatory information on your report. They'll put a hard inquiry each time you request an increase.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, you have to speak with Citibank Retention dept. :)

Saar

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

#3. Yes you upgrade from AA silver to AA Gold. A new card will be issued, and the gold carries a higher APR.

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

I would have to see that to beleive it.