GEORGE- Anyone think he really is..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

screaming? Personally, every design book I ever read in college says that studies show lower case with serifs is the easiest for the eyes to follow.

Nothing personal George. I just have a problem with people who are two lazy to hit the caps lock key. If you think hard to read your type, might we suggest a different screen size/monitor resolution or just font size with a vB code?

Just an observation and a creative suggestion......

Bkev

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

YES YES YES!!! And if George's intent was to have your eyes follow his intent, he would lose. George is not YELLING nor is he EMPHASIZING (although he does soften now and again "LIKE THIs") his keyboard is STUCK ON CAPS LOCK and he communicates his sensitive side with his eyes.

Those of us who know George, know he is not SCREAMING! And I think he finds font size with a VB code just too damn time consuming.

-Peace, Dave

PS. Graduate school books on "Design" explain this. Maybe you should take an advanced course.

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

One more thing:

"If you think hard to read your type, might we suggest a different screen size/monitor resolution or just font size with a vB code?"

IS NOT A SENTENCE! (not english anyway) AND MAKES no SENSE AT ALL!!! DID YOU LEARN GRAMMAR OUT OF THE SAME DESIGN BOOK? (also vB is VB sorry, nothing personal, I just have a problem with people who are too lazy, or utilize poor grammatical skills).

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

George is not screaming. He is just being George. Caps are his trademark. I hope that NEVER CHANGES!

5. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

When GEORGE first starting posting on creditnet, he ticked off Lizardking with his all caps antics. He even told him that he wouldn't talk to him if he kept it up. Some of us must understand that using all caps was considered screaming to many of the more seasoned users of the web. There were many times when I first started posting on message boards (and even this forum) that misspelling or not using a word in its proper context has been brought to my attention. I have never taken offense to others taking notice of the fact that I am just too plain lazy to use the SPELL CHECKER!!! As far as using words out of context goes, I may have learned a thing or two about them. Now, the real shame here or on any forum is the missed input we may have received. All just because someone doesn't really care for someone's communications style. Some of us are just posting for pleasure or maybe just to learn a thing or two about credit. Others have a business presence to maintain and don't have the luxury of being sloppy. Some of us wouldn't dare deviate from the proper way of doing things. For those who post here and take the time to use proper spelling and grammar, I must say "Hats off to ya!!". For the rest of us, we just don't have the desire or the time....

MORAL OF THE STORY: DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THE SEMANTICS.......

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

HUH? WHAT?

LEAVE GEORGE ALONE!

breeze

7. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

GEORGE IS JUST BEING GEORGE.......!!!

GET OFF HIS BACK... !!!!!!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T READ IT...!!!!!

I AGREE WITH THE OTHERS ...... I HOPE GEORGE NEVER CHANGES......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MartysGirl

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Let me revise and extend my remarks to clarify..... I value what George says. I think he has some really good opinions on topics and can help with some important information of a subject that we all wish we could be spending less time dealing with......... I just think that if there are 800 "members" of this Straight Talk that it is screaming to use 1/2 Caps, Most Caps, All Caps and that his message would be read more if he cut back....

9. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

bkev

You admit that George has very good information...so why have you decided to attack him on such a petty matter? When your eyes see screaming, does that make your ears hurt?

George is one of many of the very valuable posters on this board and does not deserve one moment of attack......please leave him alone! You would do better to use this board for the valuable information here and not dwell on such petty things.

tml

10. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Let George use his caps. It doesn't bother me and if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to read his messages. It's their loss.

Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps George may have a visual disability? I am legally blind in one eye due to diabetes. I have even lost the sight in my remaining eye twice, but have regained my vision. Last year at this time, I too would have had an easier time with CAPS as opposed to lower case letters. Thank goodness I regained my distance to 20/30, but I need glasses to read.

SO PLEASE LEAVE GEORGE ALONE!! (Gee that is a little better on my eyes.)

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Please don't mess with our George! HE IS ONE OF US!!!!

and, I wouldn't change his caps for the world!

12. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

This is funny. I have no idea if what George says is important, relevant or really good. I totally skip over every message he posts because I can't adjust to the caps. He is blocked. I am sorry I missed all his posts. But my poor abused eyes can't take the caps so I will continue to miss his points. Sucks to be me.

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

You know, Concerned..I think that the way you are handling it is exactly as it should be...there's no harm in skipping the posts if they cause you problems..I think you just rolemodeled the approach to take if the posts are uncomfortable for you and for those who are fine with it, then we will continue to enjoy George's additions.

Yeah...everybody can be happy!! :)

14. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

what Breeze said

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

teehee!

16. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

duh

17. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA

Always preview, LOL, so you can see if you did it right. do it this way not [font size=10]

breeze

18. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That is a shame that you have GEORGE blocked. I can tell from your post that you could use ALL THE ADVISE YOU COULD GET. GEORGE has been around and knows alot about credit. But you may have ME blocked too, I dont know? I took off ALL my blocks when I returned to the board. I read everybody's post....well ALMOST! lol

19. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

Yes, George is "shouting'. But the questions is really if you mind it or not. If you do, just skip over his posts. no biggie.

20. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Why would anyone make an issue of George typing in caps? It's his trademark and so be it. Besides I think we have more important things to deal with on this board.

JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH.

Manny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.