George W. Bush

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Erica, Sep 3, 2001.

1. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

dubya!

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Then again, why SHOULDN'T she get something back. I know many people who get large EIC refunds every year - and they don't pay a CENT in taxes. Personally, I feel these people don't deserve this handout. I will grant that it is difficult to make ends meet when you have children, but I took care of my children into adulthood without handouts - sometimes working 2 or 3 jobs

3. recka

recka Active Member

Thanks. Like I need a bunch of tree hugging, granola eating, bleeding hearts telling me how MY money should be spent. You want liberal dems deciding how money should be spent on energy? HA, is this because of the great job they've done out there on the left coast? Rolling blackouts at the new low price of $249 per month...

Social Welfare? Like what? You think you can just throw money at the social problems in this country to fix them? The problems won't change until the people do, and last I checked a big budget rarely changes people for the better...

And of course there is education, where you can spend billions of dollars implementing things like bilingual education and then turn around a few years later to burn a few billion more taking it out of the curriculum because it's successes aren't even close to what they were supposed to be. Heaven forbid anybody spent a few bucks testing the idea first. Or how about standardized tests? We want them.....no we don't.....yes we do... Ah screw it, let's just test the teachers instead...

Medicare... I won't say anything, I have a grandma too...

Sorry for the rant. I really have beef with both parties, just the comment about the dems caught my eye. It's too bad some of the third parties won't drop some of their far out ideas in lieu of some more practical platforms. I think more people would be open to things like a flat tax if it weren't coupled with decriminlization of virtually everything.

"Neither party is mine, not the jackass or the elephant"
    Chuck D.

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Yes, lots of Okies use that highway to go to work in Texas because the State Prison only has so many jobs available in Oklahoma. Haha.

Don't make me start with the Okie jokes!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I do pay taxes. Every week, a certain amount comes out of my paycheck for federal taxes. Every week, the government earns monet (interest) for holding my money until April 15. They don't give me the interest earned on my money, so yes, I do believe that I'm entitled to something. Even if I get everything back (less interest earned).

6. beary

beary Well-Known Member

Yeah...all the money is with Liberal Democrats...they have it all..and they're not giving it up any time soon....yeah...and Equifax WANTS to help you with correcting your CR.

7. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

How 'bout a Big N' Nasty
    burger

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Mikeb:

Hey! Lay them OKIE jokes on us.
    You sure won't offend me with them.

(LOL)

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Mikeb:
    While what you say about Okies going to work in Texas is probably very true, at least when their day in hell is over they come back to God's country.

(LOL)

10. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

From a girl who works seven days a week to make a living, (yes, I do work seven). Although Dubya is not the sharpest axe in the shed, I do thank him for returning $600 of my hard earned money.

Dani

11. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

Bill,
    as a fellow oklahoman (not an okie... I belieive you have to be native OKlahoman to qualify for okie status...), I can only say I wish what mikeb said really WAS a joke. There ARE no great jobs here... there are LOTS of jobs, but 8$ an hour doesnt cut it anymore. LOL. They say the cost of living here is so low, what a joke, I paid less for my apartment in CA than I do for mine here, AND I made more, AND I didn't have to pay sales tax on food.

And why the hell does our capital need a dome? They should invest that money in fixing up our crappy airport... I'm embarrassed for people to see it.

12. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Do you believe that you should be entitled to MORE than those who PAY taxes? If you think non-taxpayers should get a 'refund', then the taxpayers should get the equivilent of YOUR 'refund' PLUS the refund of THIER taxes paid.

People pay taxes, so they get a refund of THEIR OWN MONEY. They are not giving out 'extra' money -- they are RETURNING MONEY THAT PEOPLE EARNED AND GAVE TO THEM TO BEGIN WITH.

The tax rebate isn't another welfare/handout program conjured up by the left -- there are already enough of those out there.

How about if you try to walk into a car dealership and demand a $2000 rebate, even though you are not purchasing a car from them? Think it'll work?

13. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Yea, that's all I need is yet another federal welfare program that takes money out of my pocket and puts it into the pockets of those who sit on their fat butts doing nothing that is productive for society.

14. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

Q:What does a tornado in Oklahoma have in common with a divorce in Arkansas?
    A:Either way, Bubba's losing the trailer.

Ba dum bump.

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

doodyhead:

I could not agree with you more.
    Not only is the stupid dome a political joke in net effect since the government has functioned (however poorly) for all these years without a dome over it's pointy little head.

We are the only state I ever heard of where we worry about who's chicken is getting gored!

And the best thing all Oklahomans could possibly do is to refuse to vote on the right to work issue because it is a non-issue, a ploy being foisted upon the people to hide the fact that our state government is the culprit for our low per capita income, not unions.

If we Oklahomans are so stupid as to think that right to work is going to bring us instant prosperity, then we should be willing to prove the point by all volunteering to work for the same wages as the Mexicans do in the Juarez, Mexico maquilladoras. Surely then all of the NAFTA fed maquilladoras would instantly pull up stakes in Mexico and rush to Oklahoma.

How many would actually do that? Not one, in my opinion. Why? Because it isn't about wages, it's about governmental over regulation and meddling. Down there, they do just about whatever they want and the government don't fool with them nearly as much as they do here.

State question 695 is just another cruel hoax foisted upon the people of Oklahoma.

That's my opinion

16. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Quixote started with the Arkansas jokes. I just couldn't pass up this chance.

A legal question:
    A man and woman, both residents of Arkansas, fall in love and get married in Arkansas. Eventually they move to Florida . After a few years in Florida , they get a Florida divorce. Now here is the legal question: After the Florida divorce, are they still brother and sister?

17. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

You forgot the Ba Dum Bump. Very Important... Very, Very Important...

18. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

===Don't heap to much praise on him.He will probably get it back many times over by the end of his term!===

19. success

success Member

GoDaddy,

I am with you. I have figured out how much money I am being cheated out of and believe me it makes me sick. The IRS is definately a rip off and I think we should do something about it. I am sick of paying taxes and it goes to those lazy somebodies that don't want to get a job. I mean there are people that really need assistance but, come on. There was a time when I lost my job and filed for unemployment. I got rejected because I didn't pay enough taxes at my last employers, and to think what you need to go through to get money is rediculous.

Success

20. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You can do something about it. You can stop them dead in their tracks. Nobody wants to listen to me when I tell them that. Let's see if you will.

In the first place, you cry about paying taxes? You have never paid one crying dime of Federal Income Tax in your whole life!! You are not even a taxpayer!! And you have never owed a crying dime in taxes in your whole life either!!!! What you did do was to voluntarily assess yourself a tax and you paid a deposit to the government against the possibility that you might owe a tax. Three years after you put up your deposit and never made claim to get it back on grounds that you did not owe a tax because you were never lawfully assessed a tax, the governmet took your deposit by default. You did all of that out of fear and coercion, not because you owed them a crying dime. You never did owe them anything at all in your whole life. And if you want to know why that is so, go to the opinion of the 10th Circuit Court of appeals, Judge Richard Matsch presiding in the case of Radinsky v. IRS and you will see that Judge Matsch ruled in 1964 that Radinsky had no standing to sue IRS for return of money because he was not a taxpayer. He was not a taxpayer because he had never been assessed a tax by IRS. Four other federal judges have ruled exactly the same way in similiar situations. So if you cannot believe what 4 federal judges have ruled then what can you believe? If you cannot rely on what 4 federal judges have ruled, then what can you rely on?

Then don't pay them. There is no law that says you have to do so.

There is no law that says you have to let your employer take money out of your wages either. You can forbid them to do so.