George, what the hell do you do??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ShaleDC, Oct 2, 2003.

1. ShaleDC

ShaleDC Well-Known Member

George,

Maybe this conversation has already taken place, but what exactly would you say you do? I'm curious, because you've alluded to "excess income" as a reason for being denied credit, and you claim to have enourmouse CLs, so what do you do for a living?

2. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

I had wondered also, although I'm not sure if it's any of our business. I know GEORGE had mentioned that he works at Wal Mart and handles some sort of check out duties (I know this from GEORGE saying he notices the cards people use).

If you care to comment GEORGE, that's fine. If not, we'll respect your right to privacy:)

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PRIMARY JOB WAL*MART FRONT END MANAGEMENT...

With 15 other SUB-JOBS including cashiering and pushing carts and filling vending machines (PEPSI-COKE-SAMS) and cash office help and---and---and---and---and---

4. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

so 90% of your income comes from a "retail career"?

not to sound rude at all...but i know i make a great income doing one job..non-retail...and never heard of being denied for making too much $$...actually, never hear anyone w/ that beef..we only wish!

Again..not to sound disrespectfull...just outragiously curious :)

DB :)

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I don't have to PROVE IT TO ANYBODY...but I was DENIED..."EXCESSIVE INCOME" it might have been PROVIDIAN...I did not trash it...I filed it...

But I'm not gonna' look for it right now...CAUSE I JUST DON'T CARE ANY MORE!!!

6. Slavic

Slavic Well-Known Member

Re: George, what the hell do you do

I think what they meant was excessive income for the job position you specified. As in it doesn't make sense to them that you would be making that much money at the job you listed. I bet you only listed one job and didn't elaborate and probably didn't have a field on the form where you could.

7. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I thought "excessive income" was because he was applying for a Providian card. I guess I always thought of Providian as a crappy, bad credit card. So, I just figured GEORGE here probably was "too good" for them.

See my point?

ehh well...

SnakeMan

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If the CRA's moved any slower............well then, they wouldn't be moving very fast at all now would they?

SLOWER THAN MOLASSES UP-HILL WHEN IT IS -28 DEGREES