get free cr rept online ((no j

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joe, Sep 11, 2000.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

i just got my online credit report online from www.worthknowing.com. be sure to use netscape. their site is in beta test. You can view your transunion cr report online for free. the inquiry is suspose to be suppressed. go get your report. i did and it's free. enjoy!!!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: get free cr rept online ((

I just did it. It was great & free. They give a credit score (analysis) also. They tell you specifically what is lowering your credit score.

3. Kristi

Kristi Guest

I Did it, My score is 86 (100 be highest) note however, this is not your FICO, it is their own score card. The only suggestion it had for me is that I have 53,700.00 available in revolving and only owe $429.00 so I should obviously close some (nah...) It also gave me current offers fom AMEX for a Platnum which I already have so the "offers part" was not all that great but the site does claim it will NOT result in an inquiry. Anyone else going to do it? If, so let's all compare scores and offers.

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I just did it. It was great & free. They give a credit score (analysis) also. They tell you specifically what is lowering your credit score.

4. Kristi

Kristi Guest

Ps:
    As for the accuracy of my TU? Still 5 inquiries from 1998 (may) that should be off for sure, also it looks like some of the accounts I have, have not been updated since 1998 even though they are actively open. Isn't that sad, I have no time to do my own disputing :) (lol)

Kristi wrote:
    I Did it, My score is 86 (100 be highest) note however, this is not your FICO, it is their own score card. The only suggestion it had for me is that I have 53,700.00 available in revolving and only owe $429.00 so I should obviously close some (nah...) It also gave me current offers fom AMEX for a Platnum which I already have so the "offers part" was not all that great but the site does claim it will NOT result in an inquiry. Anyone else going to do it? If, so let's all compare scores and offers.

roni wrote:

5. PC509

PC509 Guest

Wow. I got a 5. It says I have 8 collections. I just finished cleaning up a bunch of stuff on Equifax that was not mine, I guess it is on all of them... Damn it.
    Anyway, I thought this site was quick and easy. Everyone should try it!!

6. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

I received a 62 which it claims is a very good score. But then I've done even better on the Free Credit Analyzer test.

Still the scores I've received are based on no negatives, few inquiries and no credit and I don't believe for one instant that I'm gonna be receiving any "pre-approved" 9.9% APR no annual fee Platinum offers, as WorthKnowing 'claims' I'm qualified for, anytime soon.

What I fully expect is that the marketers WorthKnowing.com sells my info to will be flooding me with even more sub sub-secured bullshit offers (such as First National Bank in Brookings).

But hey it "FREE" right...

7. Rich Guy

Rich Guy Guest

I bailed out after the disclosures informed me that it's just a Trans Union report. I got one recently, so now it's Experian that I'm worried about.

The score and offers do sound intriguing, though, and it would be an offer based on my best report. So I may try again. Thanks for sharing with us.

8. Michael

Michael Guest

I accessed 4 of my clients C.R. using this site, and am very impressed, but notice the following piculiatrity.

Two of my clients with the $15K Discover Cards (and 4-5 other small accounts) had a perfect payment history and showed scores of 27-28.

My third client had only one trade line of $300.00 account showed closed and 60 days late (although this was incorrect info) yet his score was a 35!

It seems the best way to get a great score is to have a Visa card with a $50,000.00 limit, no inquiries, and no other trade lines. Now I just need to figure out how to do it!

Also from speaking to a rep at the company I was told that within 2-3 weeks we should be able to see offers come at us that we are either pre-aproved, or pre-qualify for. He assured me that they will not do the NEXT CARD Banner ads which only 10% of all applicants get approved for!

He also invites feed back so keep them informed. Possibly we should all request a better FICO score report to replace the score they give, and better recomendations on improving our credit!

9. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

This has to be one of the all time posts ever. Great looking out. I used it even though I was getting a free merged report tonight from my mortgage guy. I already have a equifax and experion, so I saw this as a to begin using the service at www.junum.com.

Mike G.

10. Kirk

Kirk Guest

How do I get the report?

Went to the sight in Netscape and it says that it will be launch in March 2000. Dont see any links to click on to get the report. What am I missing???

11. Momofthree

Momofthree Guest

I agree there, my score wa a whopping "5" can you believe that one, bt my hubby who has a blemish or two had a score of 44, I don't have any belmishes except 1 30 day late???

12. kyla

kyla Active Member

I got a 5 too. I only got one dispute removed from my Trans Union report. I have 3 collections and 4 charge offs it says. I never would have guessed that would've equaled to a 5. I do have way too many inquiries though. Something like 15. I will tell everyone I know about this site. Thanks!!

13. brad

brad Well-Known Member

When I go to the site using Netscape 4.08 all I get is a little flash presentation with 3 links, one to a press release, and two email links. I don't see anything that will allow me to get a copy of my report. I am going to www.worthknowing.com. Am I in the right place? TIA.

Brad

14. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: So is it good or not?

The validaty and "worth"whileness of this site will be contingent on two factors.

A. Will people receive "pre-approved" offers and will they be those that their credit score 'claim' they are eligble for.

B. Will those who respond to these "pre-approved" offers, based on their credit scores, actually receive them or be 'screwed' by adverse reason code rejections even if there were no financial/score changes whatsoever.

Moreover, will this just be another "bait and switch" scheme where applicants invariably wind up with the worst APR's and terms or "moneystore" type scam where only the same, tired, sub-prime @!#$ from the same useless companies is offered.

15. Kristi-

Kristi- Guest

Steven:
    Other potential problems with it is the same as EXP Sentenial received. A usury conflict. TU sits on the board and has a hand in the investments which could be problematic and fall under Controlling the market. Time will tell but for now, grab the free report before we see another dot com failure. You can't beat it for free unless they sell all our private info to everybody & their brother.

Steven Z wrote:
    The validaty and "worth"whileness of this site will be contingent on two factors.

A. Will people receive "pre-approved" offers and will they be those that their credit score 'claim' they are eligble for.

B. Will those who respond to these "pre-approved" offers, based on their credit scores, actually receive them or be 'screwed' by adverse reason code rejections even if there were no financial/score changes whatsoever.

Moreover, will this just be another "bait and switch" scheme where applicants invariably wind up with the worst APR's and terms or "moneystore" type scam where only the same, tired, sub-prime @!#$ from the same useless companies is offered.

16. Kristi-

Kristi- Guest

RE: How do I get the report?

It's in beta and works perfect with IE.

Kirk wrote:
    Went to the sight in Netscape and it says that it will be launch in March 2000. Dont see any links to click on to get the report. What am I missing???

17. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

This would be an excellent way for creditors to find "skip-tracers" and the like.

Reading carefully their fine print. They are doing nothing different than LendingTree, Card SearchUSA, and others. They are pre-screening your file, and then telling you what you "qualify" for. IT is not a guarenteed pre-approval. The creditor still runs another credit check again, to see if you "really" qualify for their offer. And heck if this site claims your a candidate for the ABC COmpany Platinum Visa, I bet most will agree to just one more itsy bitsy credit check! And I am sure the credit card issuer will not come back with the ole switch-a-roo, offering you a the 24% apr classic visa, since your file really does not meet the Platinum Standard. (Been around Steven too much)

Hope I am wrong,

BarryN

18. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: A fair exchange?

Ah, but thats just it, I fully EXPECT them to sell this info to "everybody and their brother" but in return I EXPECT the "pre-approved" offers that they "claim" my credit score qualifies me for otherwise its a scam, pure and simple.

19. T

T Guest

RE: How do I get the report?

I don't seem to get anywhere on there website. What is the correct site or link? Thanks.

20. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

I went to the site and my score was a 56 and I was also pre-approved for the Amex offers.

Kristi wrote:

roni wrote: