get free cr rept online ((no j

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joe, Sep 11, 2000.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: So is it good or not?

Correct me if I'm wrong, this service has 2 features:

1. Placing my personal info on the only 2 mass-marketing databases where I still wasn't listed; And

2. Provide me with a score based on an algorithm which may have nothing in common with FICO, and for all I know may be based on my shoe size.

Saar

2. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

RE: A fair exchange?

Hate to turn this into a chat but...

The honest truth (according to me ;))is as follows:

If your score is good enough for the "prime" or "sub-prime" lending markets. Your name is already being sold by the credit reporting agencies to all the lenders they can find. The "pre-approvals" would already be flocking into your mail boxes. What makes this site's process any better than the paradigm already in place? Can someone tell me? Is it worth a free credit report to have someone warehousing your SSN?

"thinking out loud"

Peace,

BarryN

3. Kristi-

Kristi- Guest

No, you are thinking right Barry. It is nothing more then a free lure to get business which every business can and does do. The only difference is we are all credit savvy & know this. The average Joe is going to think this is the best thing since sliced bread.

BarryN - CreditMania.com wrote:
    -------------------------------

If your score is good enough for the "prime" or "sub-prime" lending markets. Your name is already being sold by the credit reporting agencies to all the lenders they can find. The "pre-approvals" would already be flocking into your mail boxes. What makes this site's process any better than the paradigm already in place? Can someone tell me? Is it worth a free credit report to have someone warehousing your SSN?

"thinking out loud"

Peace,

BarryN

4. Kirk

Kirk Guest

RE: How do I get the report?

Weird... just went to the site again using IE 5 and get the same thing as in Netscape. I don't see any link that takes me anywhere other than a press release and a couple of email addresses. What link are you following from the homepage? Thanks for any help.

Kirk

5. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Gosh, It's the truth Barry, but is really spoils ones day, once you think about it that way.

BarryN - CreditMania.com wrote:

"thinking out loud"

Peace,

BarryN

6. Kristi-

Kristi- Guest

I just went straight to notknowing.com
    Mmm. Weird.

Kirk wrote:
    Weird... just went to the site again using IE 5 and get the same thing as in Netscape. I don't see any link that takes me anywhere other than a press release and a couple of email addresses. What link are you following from the homepage? Thanks for any help.

Kirk

7. Kristi-

Kristi- Guest

Oops, sorry. its
    https://www2.worthknowing.com/index.shtml

Kristi- wrote:
    I just went straight to notknowing.com
    Mmm. Weird.

Kirk wrote:

Kirk

8. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong, this service has 2 features:

1. Placing my personal info on the only 2 mass-marketing databases where I still
    wasn't listed; And

A fate worse than death if you ask J. Edgar :)

2. Provide me with a score based on an algorithm which may have nothing in common
    with FICO, and for all I know may be based on my shoe size.

No, its TransUnion's own credit score based on your credit report, the question now is how much relevance do the credit card grantors give to this.

As far as FICO is concerned how much credence is given to that? For according to the Free Credit Analyzer which according to a number of people gives a comparable score I received a score of well OVER 680 which equates to an 'A' credit rating and the green light for question free "pre-approved" mortage and car loans.

Yes, I am aware that most credit grantors 'claim' that this score is "all that counts" yet I know full well that if I were to make an application, these hypocrites would give me the "bum's rush" and quote items that have nothing to do with a credit score. You see as I've always maintainted this credit scoring system is a 'sham' set up primarily so that creditors could point to a mysterious and inscrutable number and justify giving worse credit terms, but if the case ever arises where a consumer benefits its "screw you, these other factors are all we care about"

9. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: I still don't believe it

Fine, then if one were to take your assumption at face value than I, according to my 62 score, am qualified and should be receiving "pre-approved" platinum offers.

Contrariwise, if this a "bait and switch" or a glorified risk/tier based setup than at the 'very worst' my application should result in a 24% APR classic visa. But under no circumstances whatsover would I be solicited for secured and/or CCB/First Bank of Marin trash which, according to their criteria, are for those whose scores are in the under 20 range.

Henceforth, I nominate myself as a test case who will prove the validity and veracity of this credit scoring "paradigm".

10. TC

TC Guest

Inquiry

I subscribe to TransUnion's monitoring program (Creditability.com), and immediately after receiving the report from worthknowing.com, I received notification that an inquiry had been made on my file. So much for the promise that no inquiry would show on your report!

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: get free cr rept online ((

Steven Z,
    Why always so negative? If you do get a card please post back here about it. It would be awesome to hear some great news from you man.

12. Darrell

Darrell Guest

I got a 15 on this site. I have four credit cards and an installment loan with perfect payment histories.

My portfolio includes a prime car loan and a prime credit card, plus a paid-off and closed Cap One subprime card and subprime cards from two other lenders that have zero balances.

My one negative was a utility account that previously was deleted after a dispute last November but now suddenly has reappeared. It is from 1995 and shows a zero balance. It also lists no 30-, 60- or 90-day delinquencies, and so I'm not even sure why it's showing up as a delinquent account.

I'm a little dubious of the scoring model. My FICO with Experian and Equifax is 709. Even with this delinquent account listed with TransUnion, it's doubtful a lender would be as suspicious about my file as this site seems to be.

13. Michael

Michael Guest

EVERY ONE E MAIL THEM ABOUT TH

Hey let's all do one thing just send them an e mail and put the presure on them to change the Worthless scores they give.

Let's try and get it so they will give you the FICO Score, or a reasonable replica of it!

14. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

worthless.com

I struck out with this worthless excuse of a website. First of all, they would not accept a PO Box as an address, and that's the only address that appears on any of my credit reports. Is this just another CRA fishing expedition?

I figured out a way to get past that by using 'Box' instead of PO Box in the address line, but then I kept getting an error about 'couldn't verify mortgage payment amount'. I pulled out my most recent TU report. I have a paid off mortgage on it and no current mortgage. No payment amount was listed on the entry for the paid mortgage. I tried 0 and that didn't work, and then the Principal and Interest Payment I had been making and that didn't work and then the full amount including the escrow payments and that didn't work. I gave up.

Their score is also totally worthless since no mortgage broker gives a flying &$#^% what your score from this site is, they use your FICO score.

If there are a bunch of INQs on my report from this stupid charade, they are going to hear from me.

15. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Thanks Kristi. That URL worked.

Kirk

16. sph

sph Guest

RE: worthless.com

Bad news! Inquiry is listed per Creditability

17. Kristi-

Kristi- Guest

J.Edgar:
    It did th same thing to me until I finally left the mortgage box blank (not a zero) but now today, I see it DOES result in an INQ even though the websites FAQ area says it does not. While it gave me a good score, it only offered me one credit card (Blue) or AMEX that I already have. If it personalizes your offers so well, then would'nt it have known that I already have blue? I think the offers and reccomendations are generic.

J. Edgar wrote:
    I struck out with this worthless excuse of a website. First of all, they would not accept a PO Box as an address, and that's the only address that appears on any of my credit reports. Is this just another CRA fishing expedition?

I figured out a way to get past that by using 'Box' instead of PO Box in the address line, but then I kept getting an error about 'couldn't verify mortgage payment amount'. I pulled out my most recent TU report. I have a paid off mortgage on it and no current mortgage. No payment amount was listed on the entry for the paid mortgage. I tried 0 and that didn't work, and then the Principal and Interest Payment I had been making and that didn't work and then the full amount including the escrow payments and that didn't work. I gave up.

Their score is also totally worthless since no mortgage broker gives a flying &$#^% what your score from this site is, they use your FICO score.

If there are a bunch of INQs on my report from this stupid charade, they....

18. Larry

Larry Guest

Unbelievable ! I received a "15"... 3 credit cards with perfect payment history, no credit cards closed, a car loan paid, 5 inquiries... their scoring system sucks...

19. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad, i have accounts all in good standings, no charge offs, collections etc and I got a whopping "5"!

20. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Kristi:

Did you try several times? If so, how many INQs showed up on your report? Did only one show up from when you actually received the report? Or did one show up from each dailed attempt? I never got to the point of getting a report or a score.