Geting a New SUV! w/o credit check

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 21, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

WELL, NOT NEW, BUT NEWER CAR FOR ME!

I just found out from a friend that his friend is selling a SUV-ford explorer (sport). 1993 for 6850.00. He is letting me put 2500 down and make payments of min 300 month. we are getting a lean on the car until its paid off. Its great. One owner and 65000 miles (low). aLSO, Its loaded and very clean, no accendents or dents!

Best part, No credit check and no banks, no interest, no dealerships, YEAH!

Well see, im getting it check out.

Psugirl

2. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

As a fellow PSU student (89-91 graduated from Pitt) and a fellow Explorer owner ('98), let me welcome you to world of ridiculous gas costs. I have mental break at $30. I refuse to put in more than that in the tank in one filling. I can imagine what Expedition and Excursion owners are putting out to fill there tanks.

Congrats

Mike G.

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Wow,

Thanks mike. Well, thank god for my student bus pass. Ill be using it more frequently then!

I wont enjoy having to pay all that money for gas!

psugirl

4. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Went over to Jersey to see a friend graduate and eat at Benihana (yummy) this w/e...and while I was there I filled my SUV's tank with that cheap $1.55/gal Jersey gas...and it's full service too!

My folks in California are hating life because after getting my mom her dream car (Mercedes 420), up go the gas prices...and her new car takes premium!!

5. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Downside: Nothing reported to the credit bureaus (relative to this vehicle) = no credit building.

6. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Im not trying to REBUILD my credit. Im am, though, trying to get another car without having to have a long term payment obligation (years).

I cant have any outstanding bills after december 2002 because i will have to start to by my student loans off.

But, thank you for your insight.

psugirl