Getsmart/Aria Increase Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Sep 4, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Can you all tell me something...I know you said they usually increase at the end of the 4th month. If my 4th month ended 9/2/01, when should I hear something and can you tell me how they will probably notify me? Thanks!!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I wish I could answer your question for you..BUT I GOT A 30 SECOND DENIAL...

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

oh, geez, George, I'm sorry! :(

4. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I received my card mid March.

Auotmatic 100 dollars mid July, 10 days later 500 for 49 dollars in the mail.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

How did you find out about the $100? Thanks, Laray!

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, see, I have this wierd uneasy feeling ..I can't explain it, like I will be overlooked so I'm trying to get a feel for when I should get vocal if my 4 months were up on 9/2....:) Any thoughts are much appreciated!

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Awww, I know someone has an answer to this one....:) so I'm bumping....

8. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Sorry Nana no getsmart card here. But I'll bump it up again for you. ANYBODY?

mindy:)

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Gotta love ya! Thanks, Mindy

10. direct

direct Well-Known Member

Your feeling might be right, I have a few of those cards and like clockwork...on the fourth month after issue was an auto increase with an invitation by mail shortly after for another larger increase. Then starting with cards issued to me in March '01 that should have seen an increase in August...the increase never came.

I think Providian may be tightening the purse strings on their credit line increases as their bad debt (aka deadbeat cardholders) are mounting to the tune of about 10% of oustanding loans.

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

When ya'll say automatic increase...how did you get it? Just login and see it was increased? Was it like the day you hit 4 months or shortly thereafter?

Thanks so much, direct!

Anyone?

12. direct

direct Well-Known Member

just call the 800# on the back of your card or check online if you signed up on the Getsmart/Providian website. The auto $100 increase usually shows up by the end of the 4th month with an invitation by mail either around the end of the 4th month or beginning of the 5th month after card issue date.

The auto $100 increase is a good sign that the invitation for the $500, $1000 or $2000 increase is in the mail. That's of course if they haven't changed their routine as I think they may have in some cases

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I guess I should be a bit patient with the holidays and it did just end on 9/2....

there was no $100 increase today...

they better give it to me! ROFL

Thanks again!

14. eman

eman Well-Known Member

I got an aria/getsmart visa in February. They They raised my limit without question after my billing period in June up $200. and sent me an invitation for an additional raise of a $1000 shortly thereafter. Of course, they charged $49 for the increse.