GetSmart Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by matty61184, Sep 23, 2001.

1. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever heard about or gotten their GetSmart card upgraded. Ex: Classic to Gold, Gold to Platinum. I have heard they don't which is really bogus, because you should be rewareded for loyalty to the company.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Don't know, both wife and myself were denied in 30 seconds.

3. matty61184

Hmm, hopefully someone knows.

4. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

George...

I was also Denied ....!!!!! I couldn't believe it ..!!! Three Positive accounts 2-yrs old, No lates, and NO Collections and they still denied me... Go figure...!!!

Whatever....!!!!

5. matty61184

I'd call them up, that's a bunch of crap. I've only had a credit record since July 00' and I got their classic card at 19.99% rate, $1000 cl, 25 day grace.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY F.I.C.O. 704.
    HER F.I.C.O. 741.
    Oldest account 1978.
    NOTHING NEGATIVE, EVER.

7. matty61184

That's pathetic! You have a higher Fico than me! Something is up with that.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Somebody SUGGESTED when a F.I.C.O. score gets to some "IMAGINARY" level, they ASSUME you don't really want their card, or you will use it to YOUR ADVANTAGE...NOT THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES ADVANTAGE!!!

What amazes me is...years ago when I only made ~$20,000/year, I had $100,000+++ in credit limits...

Now...I can't get CITIBANK, JUNIPER, CAPITAL ONE, GET SMART...

Maybe because I canceled CITIBANK and CAPITAL ONE when I got better offers, AND/OR they refused to increase the credit limit(s)...

9. matty61184

Yeah, the same case with me now. I have about $30,000 in maximum credit with $15,000 income. The credit union still approved my loan and everything, so it's kosher with me. That still is suprising. I would assume they would give you their platinum card without even thinking about it. It's a 9.99% rate, and from what you've said about nextcard, you would probably carry a balance.

10. eman

eman Well-Known Member

I got upgraded to a gold in 4 months from when I first opened it. APR goes down every month first .5 pts and now .25 pts. When they first pulled my EX file, I had only one revolving CC with a $500 CL that was 11 months old.

11. matty61184

Was this with the GetSmart card, or with the Providian line? I was told by a rep they won't upgrade, which seems silly. If they want to keep you as a customer, you should be moved up the line. Let me know all the specifics. Thanks!

12. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

No George pays off every month ain't that so George :)

13. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Life is not fair George,
    I have disputed very few items at this point,
    all three of my reports look crappy (score 586?).

They pulled equifax 12 negatives 16 positives.

I was sent pre-approval, cl $1,000, 0% two months then 19.9%, three years post bk.

A free card reader should show up in eight weeks (requested it from online payment center).

Other recent events.
    Target said no way, listed every known sin.

Shell said no way.

Spiegel said no way.

Orchard tossed me a three hundred dollar card, $39 annual fee, upped it to $500 when I called and complained. (Thanks for the suggestion - people).

I am done applying for awhile, now I will just dispute.