getting a new cr.card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Raj, Jun 1, 2000.

1. Raj

Raj Guest

Would like someone to help me !!!!!!!
    I have been in this country from the past two yrs.and have had problems getting cr.cards.Earlier i owned an apt.and now have moved to a new independent house .My earnings are sound and never defaulted making payment of daytoday bills.
    My friends who have been in this country for less than two years have all the cr.cards and never were they even denied from getting one.
    Where did I go wrong.It seems quite strange

2. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

I know the feeling my friend! Nobody will give you a credit card because you have no credit history so WHERE do you start!?

Don't worry, there are a few things you can do to start building your credit history, you can start by applying for a few department store credit cards, they are fairly easy to qualify for, OR you can apply for a SECURED credit card,
    (just type "unsecured credit cards" in your favorite search engine)
    this is a card that you simply open a savings account with a bank and they will give you a credit card with a credit limit equal to (or sometimes) greater than your deposit.

After a while, Once you have used the cards, and shown responsable use of your credit, you will more than likely start getting credit card offers in the mail for unsecured credit cards.

Good luck to you!

A.F.

--------------------
    Bad Credit? No Credit? Let Us Help!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

3. Raj

Raj Guest

Thanx a lot A.F.for your suggestion.