Getting approve for a cell pho

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by *bETH, Apr 23, 2001.

1. *bETH

*bETH Guest

Do anybody know what a cell company look for when they approve or disapprove you for a cell phone. Do they look at your overall credit report or something in particular? A friend applied for a Home Depot card got denied but applied at AT&T and got approved.

2. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Re: Getting approve for a cell

If you deposit money up front,they will approve anyone.

3. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I had to give a deposite of 150.00 and was assured that if I had no lates in 6 months they would send me my deposite back. I did this in January so we will see come July. I was dissappointed tho that they didn't report on my payment history. I thought I could use them for a positive rating but they did not report. They told me that I didn't have enough "GOOD" credit reporting and that they weren't asking a deposite because of bad credit.

4. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

AT&T does report to all three CRA.

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I used to sell both Sprint PCS and Verizon. I don't know their credit criteria per se. Sprint PCS seemed to have more lenient credit standards.

Verizon does have an instant credit option. However, you must choose the instant credit option first. If you do standard credit and get denied (deposit required), you'd have to wait six months b4 trying instant credit.

Verizon reports to all three bureaus in my area. I know others have stated that they didn't report for them though. Sprint PCS does not report.

Kelly

6. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

AT&T has a very liberal scoring system. I know because I supervise a group credit agents. Its not difficult but they do report to all three bureaus.

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I never had to apply for credit for a sprint cell phone.I pay them by automatic draft fron a credit card: