Getting inquiries deleted?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chris B, Apr 26, 2001.

1. Chris B

Chris B Guest

I just looked at my credit report, and there are several inquiries from Encore . . . now I don't know what Encore is, but I know that I haven't applied for credit, and their name does not appear anywhere on my credit report as a lender or company that I have a debt with. Would that information be enough for me to dispute the inquiry on my credit report to have it deleted? I know the fewer inquiries the better so what do you think?

If I should dispute it, what all should I include in my dispute letter? Anyone have a sample inquiry "Company has no business looking at my credit report" dispute letter? What if anything else do I need to include with the dispute letter?

Thanks to all for your help.

Chris

2. pat

pat Guest

Chris,
    This letter is from the yahoo credit repair forum's file section. I've never used it, but here it is for what its worth.
    pat

3. pat

pat Guest

Your Name
    123 Your Street Address
    Your City, ST 01234

Big Credit Bureau
    Their Street Address
    Some City, ST 56789

2/10/1999

Dear Credit Bureau,

This letter is a formal complaint that you are reporting inaccurate and incomplete credit information.

I am distressed that you have included the below information in my credit profile and have failed to maintain reasonable procedures in your operations to assure maximum possible accuracy in the credit reports you publish.

Credit reporting laws ensure that bureaus report only 100% accurate credit information. Every step must be taken to assure the information reported is completely accurate and correct.

The following information therefore needs to be re-investigated. I respectfully request to be provided proof that these inquiries were in fact authorized with an instrument bearing my signature, and for legitimate business purposes. Failing that, the unauthorized inquiry must be deleted from the report as soon as possible:

CREDITOR AGENCY, acct. 123-34567-ABC

The listed inquiry was without authorization, and for no legitimate business purposes. As such, it is a very serious error in reporting. Please delete this misleading information, and supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Additionally, please provide the name, address, and telephone number of each credit grantor or other subscriber.

Under federal law, you have 30 days to complete your re-investigation. Be advised that the description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information is hereby requested as well, to be provided within 15 days of the completion of your re-investigation.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name
    SSN# 123-45-6789

4. Chris B

Chris B Guest

Looks great, thanks. I'll definitly give it a try.