getting lates off

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Mar 6, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Anyone have success deleting lates from recent accounts? If so, could you share how you did this?

Thanks
    Kevin

2. jen

jen Well-Known Member

I just successfully removed a 30 day late with one of my retail cards. (I actually paid it 1 day after it was due in the store, just one of those stupid things you kick yourself for) I have had it for 6 years and it only had the 1 late. I just called customer service up and explained. I told her that I have been with them for a long time without a problem and I hoped that we could do something to clear it up. She reviewed my account and said since it was the only one she would go ahead and remove it from my reports. I was surprised how easy it was for me. So I guess if your situation is similar, (like only 1 or two lates per account) it might work for you to just give them a call. I'm sure others can give you more ideas as to how to dispute the late with the bureaus if that is what you wanna do. I am just learning about all that myself. :)

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

how could you be 30 days late when you were only 1 day late????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ===========================================================
    Author: jen (---.twcny.rr.com)
    Date: 03-07-01 00:45

I just successfully removed a 30 day late with one of my retail cards. (I actually paid it 1 day after it was due in the store,

4. jen

jen Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing when I first saw the late on my report. I think that some banks count from the last paid date so in effect if you pay one day after it is due, you are 30 days late. Something like that anyways. I was actually really surprised to see it on my credit reports. I would think they would have given me a break for just one day. :)