Getting more and more aggravated

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tryinhard, Aug 28, 2003.

1. tryinhard

tryinhard Well-Known Member

I sent TU a demand for deletion letter in the mail with all the required documents, copies of DV letters and receipts, along with proof of identity and I received this today from them:

"We recently received a dispute regarding your credit report from a third party that we believe operates as a credit repair organization. According to the Federal Trade Commission, credit reporting agencies are not required to process disputes submitted by third parties. In addition, our experience shows that many credit repair organizations dispute accurate information or submit irrevelant disputes. We have reasonably determined that the dispute submitted on your behalf is frivolous or irrevelant. For these reasons, we will not take action on the dispute."

And they go on to say If ....I... would like to request an investigation to fill out the form provided.

I am the one that sent this to them, not a credit repair agency, now what should I do? Why do they do this and make this even harder on people? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. cinderella

cinderella Well-Known Member

I know it used to be common for TU to send a similar letter about credit report companies when you disputed with them. Basically saying your rights as a consumer and additional information about pursuing a claim against a credit repair company. But they still continued to investigate, seems like they tweaked their letter to get out of investigating.

You could do a lot of things, just don't QUIT:
    - Send a letter demanding they investigate your original dispute, sending a copy of a current bill at your addy proving you wrote the original dispute and stating in your letter such
    - Its if they don't respond to the above
    - Send in a new dispute----online or off

Since they labeled your dispute "frivolous", I would think you would have a hard time demanding deletion at the end of thirty days, since they don't have to investigate once they label a dispute frivolous. But I would think that if you provided them with sufficient ID in any follow-up letter, TU wouldn't be able to claim "they thought" your dispute came from a credit repair company, and would have to investigate.

3. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

I was doing the online disputing until now. Now, it's all letters (certified). Experian online just pops up a page saying "we already verified that" so you can't dispute it online anymore.

TU sent the the "frivolous" letter to me and I've written them back telling them I contacted those creditors and they can't verify, so how could TU?

Experian is the one that drives me nuts, though. On EQ and TU, there are only 4 derogs left. Experian has 10! Most of which obviously, were already deleted from the other CRAs.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY GET AWAY WITH TOO MUCH...EVERYTHING IS FRIVOLOUS...

I asked them to fix "WHOSE ACCOUNT"---UNKNOWN

I wanted it changed to the CORRECT information---INDIVIDUAL

THEY CALLED IT FRIVOLOUS!!!

5. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Yeah, they've changed their disputing webpages in the last few days. I couldn't get on at all the other day, but today I got on and they ask "who's account is this" DUH! not mine.

But every one I tried to dispute I got

"there has been an error in processing your request. This item was previously verified"

Hell, I think just SAYING that on the website ought to be illegal!

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*We recently received a dispute regarding your credit report from a third party that we believe operates as a credit repair organization. According to the Federal Trade Commission, credit reporting agencies are not required to process disputes submitted by third parties. In addition, our experience shows that many credit repair organizations dispute accurate information or submit irrelevant disputes. We have reasonably determined that the dispute submitted on your behalf is frivolous or irrelevant. For these reasons, we will not take action on the dispute."
    2*Why do they do this and make this even harder on people?
    tryinhard
    ====================
    =========================
    1*This is A Kop Out
    I would be tempted to call them and ask them for the name of the Cr. Repair company.
    2*Their customers; Creditors Bankers and Insurers make more money off people with bad credit and or low scores. To keep them happy the CRAs will do any thing they can get by with to both report and maintain inaccurate negative information.
    WHAT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO IS REPORTING & SCORING IS NOTHING MORE THAN A VERY CROOKED OPERATION.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

7. tryinhard

Thanks everyone for the replies. You know what gets me though is that the letter I sent with all of the copies of everything is for 1 account it isnt even for multiple accounts, just 1 and they called it friviolous and refuse to investigate. Now I was reading through the sample letter section and came accross a letter I thought may be of some help to send these idiots...the letter..."accused by CRA of using CRO's" anyone think that would work? Do you think I should add that I want proof that they think i am using a CRO? Or does anyone know of another letter or strategy that may be better? Thanks for helping.

8. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Here's another strategy-

Sue TU for failure to investigate a valid consumer dispute. Let them PROVE in court you used a CRO and the dispute is frivolous. You can obviously testify (credibly) that you are the author of the dispute letter, not a CRO.

Maybe if we made the CRA's defend their actions in Court on a thousand fronts at once they would take their FCRA responsibilities seriously.

9. lbrown59

Re: Re: Getting more and more aggravated

Maybe if we made the CRA's defend their actions in Court on a thousand fronts at once they would take their FCRA responsibilities seriously.

Flyingifr

Like I said in my above post
    the CRAs will do any thing they can get by with,to both report and maintain inaccurate negative information.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

10. lbrown59

1*According to the Federal Trade Commission, credit reporting agencies are not required to process disputes submitted by third parties.
    2*In addition, our experience shows that many credit repair organizations dispute accurate information or submit irrelevant disputes.
    3*We have reasonably determined
    ** tryinhard **
    -------------------
    1* Have you seen this clause in the consumer protection laws anywhere?
    Anyone else on here ever read it?
    2*Translation : Our guess is.
    3*We are unrealistically claiming that the dispute submitted is frivolous or irrelevant.

11. tryinhard

This is an update and a quick question:

I sent Tu a modified letter "Accused of using CRO from Cra" and I recieved in the mail the exact same letter as the first post. (below, for reference) Now what should I do?
    I was thinking "Intent to sue" letter for failing to investigate but not sure, anyone with a better suggestion? thanks

"We recently received a dispute regarding your credit report from a third party that we believe operates as a credit repair organization. According to the Federal Trade Commission, credit reporting agencies are not required to process disputes submitted by third parties. In addition, our experience shows that many credit repair organizations dispute accurate information or submit irrevelant disputes. We have reasonably determined that the dispute submitted on your behalf is frivolous or irrevelant. For these reasons, we will not take action on the dispute....

12. tryinhard

This is an update and a quick question:

I sent Tu a modified letter "Accused of using CRO from Cra" and I recieved in the mail the exact same letter as the first post. (below, for reference) Now what should I do?
    I was thinking "Intent to sue" letter for failing to investigate but not sure, anyone with a better suggestion? thanks, much appreciate any advice.

"We recently received a dispute regarding your credit report from a third party that we believe operates as a credit repair organization. According to the Federal Trade Commission, credit reporting agencies are not required to process disputes submitted by third parties. In addition, our experience shows that many credit repair organizations dispute accurate information or submit irrevelant disputes. We have reasonably determined that the dispute submitted on your behalf is frivolous or irrevelant. For these reasons, we will not take action on the dispute....

13. tryinhard

Sorry about the double post! :(

14. tryinhard

BUMP

15. tryinhard

BUMP

16. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Sue them...let them tell it to the judge.

First of all, I don't think it's illegal to use a CRO, just illegal for them to charge up front. But that is neither here nor there. You disputed, they REFUSED to investigate a valid dispute. Lawsuit time, plain and simple.

And I'm not a "go sue the ********" type of person.

17. tryinhard

Thank you and sorry about the double postings, somehow that keeps happening,

18. kickman

kickman Well-Known Member

They're basically saying put up or shut up. I can't see any other option than to sue them...and shut them up.

19. tryinhard

your right, I am ready, thanks