Getting on Track

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Charles, Jan 8, 2001.

1. Charles

Charles Guest

I filled for chapter 7 bankruptcy last year and now i want to get myself back on track. It may take time, but thats ok to. One thing i still have over my head is a six year student loan and wondering if anyone has any ideas to get this either off my credit or any positive advice to help with this one. Your concern would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Loan rehabilitation

All defaulted student loans can be rehabilitated. This is a program which after establishing a payment plan with your original loan office (which will probably be your school if a perkins loan or the agency your school used primarily to issued federal loans if a stafford loan) your loan will be removed from default. If it is private loan contact the original creditor. AFter you set up an agreement in writing, pay 12 monthly ontime payments the default will be removed from your report and the loan will be restored as current.
    If you dont know who the original creditor was call the guarantor agency. If you are still lost call 1-800-4fedaid to find out who is holding your defaulted student loan. check out the carreonandassociates.com website and read the defaulted student loan section to learn more about rehabilitating your student loan. Good Luck.