Giving Providian your phone #

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TomL, Jan 31, 2001.

1. TomL

TomL Guest

If I give Providian my home and office number, will they bother me a lot with sales pitches? I already have Capital One and FCNB...(Cap1 approved me for a whopping $100 credit line increase after 6 months....this is 1 month after I closed escrow on a $418,000 house 3 years after BK)

TomL

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: Giving Providian your phon

Just call customer service and ask that a no solicitation code be added to your account. This will stop the sales calls.

3. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

No, actually to my surprise, Providian didn't call that much. The only call I remember was an offer to upgrade my account which was quite reasonable.

This compared to Citibank, Discover or Capital One, who flood you with calls.

However it doesn't hurt to call CS and ask them to put you on the "Do not call" list.
    Use this phrase and ask for written confirmation. They have 60 days to comply, after that, for every call you get from them, they can be slapped with a $500 fine.

4. mt

mt Guest

Providian only called me to verify that I in fact authorized a charge. You see, I had not used my card in several months (b/c of the interest etc. and I don't carry a balance) and made some online greeting card purchases (72 of them actually) and they just wanted to make sure I made the purchases. I actually appreciated this phone call and have received no phone solicitations that I am aware of.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Providian is very good about not sending me junk mail. The only offers I have received recently were for credit limit increases. And if anyone is phobic about limit increases, then may I suggest Capital One as an alternative? :)