Gm card, dillards, APPROVED!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FatTony, Aug 14, 2002.

1. FatTony

FatTony Active Member

I went a little nuts today. I sent an intent to sue letter to EQ about some student loans with "unknown Late dates" and because they did not do proper investigation on 6 accounts 4 different times.So they put the accounts in dispute when they got the letter. My EQ score went up to 705 (my last baddies)so I decided to take advantage of this jump in score and apply for some instant approvals.

The first one I tried was Citibank. I was all set to do the BDD and when I submitted the app for Silver AAdvantage card I got the message "CONFIRMATION. Your application has been received. We will contact you at the address on your application". I was a little discouraged and confused, it didnt say denied and it didnt say "need more time to process" So I dont know what to make of it. Has anybody received this message before?

After the Citibank scare I decided to try the GM Card. I read a couple posts that made me think I would have a good chance for an instant approval. I got $3500 (my new high CL, was $500 Target VISA) So I was doing the happy dance in my office. I dont know the terms but they said I will have the card in 7 to 10 days. WOOOHOOO!!!!

Then, because I need a new suit and a retail card I decided to go to Dillards and apply in the store (their online app was down) Can you believe it, I got a $1000 CL on the spot. I was sweating bullets. So I was feeling pretty damn good at around 5pm today and all the while I was thinking in the back of my head I could of never done it, if it wasnt for the fine folks on creditnet.

Well, thats it. They all pulled EQ down here in Florida and I am going to update MillCBS right now.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me by answering my questions or by posting theirs.

2. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Congrats Tony.

:)

3. charlieslex

charlieslex Well-Known Member

You'll have more "happy dances" coming. Charlie

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GOOD job - Dillards has nice stuff too!

aarrff - dogman

5. sirrowan

sirrowan Well-Known Member

Are you saying that Dillards online approval system is down and they approved you for a card?

6. sirrowan

sirrowan Well-Known Member

Never mind, I just realized what you meant. Sorry

7. FatTony

FatTony Active Member

I called Citibank......I got denied. They have an internal score that I did not qualify with. They mentioned the student loans that I have in dispute and they said I had mulitple inquiries and no credit accounts in the name of creditor that pulled the report. I would not suggest doing the dispute trick with them. By the way I only have one inquiry from the last 6 monthe so I dont know where they got the other 3 from, this was the first one I applied for. They better not of pulled another report today when I called. (CSR said they only look at the last 6 months for inquiries).

FT