GM Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Aug 29, 2000.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with this card? I see that they offer instant online approval.

2. Lanoro

Lanoro Guest

I've been with them for 3 years now and they have increased my limit over the years. Never had any problems with them and they even handled a mail order problem I had and credited my account $2000 I was scamed out of by a mail order company. Only problem I have is that they have raised their cash advance fee to I believe $35.00 for any cash advance you might make.

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

As with all online applications, they offer instant online approval OR DENIAL.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Cash Advances

Providian, of all possible contenders, has what I believe to be the lowest minimum fee at $3. Their rate is 5% or $3, instead of the more common (including Citibank) rate of 3% or $5. The Providian formula gives small cardholders a break on small advances, but ruthlessly punishes large cardholders who can take large advances.

5. CardReport

CardReport Guest

The GM Card is underwritten by Household Bank. Nothing really wonderful, but nothing really terrible, either. They recently introduced an online payment function, although it is a bit more "clunky" than Capital One's, for example.

Their main selling point (their rewards system) is only relevant if you are planning on buying a new GM vehicle in a couple of years or so.

--
    CardReport.Com - Credit Tools, News, And Reference

http://www.cardreport.com/