GM Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Doug, May 1, 2001.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the Blue, Gold, or Platinum GM Card. Your comments about the card would be appreciated.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I found out that I was approved for the "GM card" last week. I haven't received the card in the mail so I can't say anything else about it.

I think Household did away with the blue and gold colors.

3. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Hi Jim,
    If you dont mind my asking, did you apply on line and if so,did you get an immediate approval? I applied and got the old "we'll let you know"message., so I am assuming a decline, but will wait and see I guess.

thanks

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have the classic GM card. I love it. It has great rewards....

I got it in April. I applied online. NOT instant approval. Credit line was $3500 with 2.9% transfer balance rate.

roni

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Marypc,

I applied on-line and a "you will hear in 10-14 days". A week later, I got a request for 2 utility bills? Yes, you heard me right!!! - LOL - I sent gas and electric to HSC.

Last Friday, exactly 28 days after applying, I telephoned HSC on the 3rd 800# I had gotten from them.

I was informed that I was approved for a $1500 limit card at 15.9%. Like Roni says there is a lot of benefits to the card.

If you are really curious do a search on "GM card" here. I documented the whole process over the last month.

P.S. I was given the GM card 26 months after discharge of my Chap 7 BK. I went prime in April.

Nextcard $6500
    GM card $1500
    Target $ 500

I am not bragging here. You asked an intelligent question and I have provided you with a complete answer. Good luck

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Doug,
    They approved me a GM Card with $1500 even I have perfect credit. I don't have any problems with Household Bank and you can pay bills on-line.

Ron.

7. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Thank you all, and Jim, I absolutely do not think you are bragging! I hope I didnt seem nosy asking you all those questions! We are all working towards better things here, and you're going prime is something you should be proud of.. I hope your good fortune rubs off on me! :)

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Marypc,

Thanks for the comments! They were very much appreciated. There was nothing intrusive about your questions and part of the reason I am going prime is all the help I have received on this board. I have been helped a lot here.

Doug and Marypc,

I got the GM card yesterday in the mail. It is just a "GM card" not a "Platinum GM card". Funny thing is that the color is gray or platinum looking.When I telephoned to activate the card, I asked for a credit increaseso that I can balance transfer $3,000 from Nextcard (6.9 teaser rate for 3 billing cycles) to the GM card (3.9% teaser rate fro 6 billing cycles and a 5% rebate).

I was turned down. OK, I am going prime but I am not quite prime yet. - LOL - The rep said to call back in 6 months. I won't because this card will be paid off in full every month.

Total amount of time between application and receiving the card - 32 days.