GM Mastercard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Apr 3, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

GM Mastercard came in the mail today. Yeah! Creditline = $3,500. The pulled Equifax. And It is So.."pretty"

roni

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

lizardking-premier

Make sure they drop the monthly $6 fee as well. They may have just dropped the $180 application BS fees.

Chase gave me $2K so expect that limit. GM is Household Bank, btw.

I quit my job today. Those of you who were in the Chatroom Sunday know of my ordeal.

roni

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Roni

The GM mastercard has a relatively high apr. but it does have the very significant perk of being a rewards card toward the purchase of a GM automobile.

Have you heard anything about the apr. being negotiable ala Cap One and providian? or did you just want the card for the rewards toward the purchase of a car?

Thanks Jim

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: To: Roni

I have 9.9 above prime for purchases and 2.9% for transfer balances. I wanted it for transfer balances for my high Citibank rate. Since the DMV public record, Citibank raised my apr....

roni

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: To: Roni

I understand. When the 2.9% BT is gone you can still use the card and pay it off every month. Sounds like a good deal.

I managed to get 2 more parking tickets since January. When I immediately paid them off, I thought about that ridiculous judgement against you. 4 tickets in a lifetime and all within the last 6 months. LOL

6. Tracy

Tracy Guest

About the GM Card

I've had a GM Card for almost 4 years now...What I have learned is that at some point they changed the rules so that a cash advance will cost you 20 bucks no matter what. Also they have always had the highest late fees of any card I've had. I only keep it because of the history and the fact that I know they report to all 3 CRA's, a good friend of mines authorized card I got in his name.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: About the GM Card

thanks for the tip Tracy. I know Household isnot prime but in my opinion it beats PRovidian or capital one. They gave me a decent initial credit line ($3500) and transfer balance (they are the first to let me transfer a balance). I need that with my citibank card.

roni

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

What happened, Roni?

I know you don't want to rehash it, but I missed the chat about your job. Are you going to be okay?