GMAC - Another ? from me!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SM, Aug 22, 2000.

1. SM

SM Guest

Okay, as you can see from my previous post on mortgages my credit is less than perfect! (Isn't that a nice sounding term instead of BAD credit?)

Anyway, we bought a car through GMAC in 92. In 97, paid the car off according to our records. According to GMAC, we haven't paid them off - even though I have proof. For the last 3 years I have been fighting them. All they will say is that I owe $800 more on the loan. They have refused (and I am not kidding) to prove to me what this $800 is. Over 3 years I have sent them 15 certified letters...I have all the receipts. They will NOT respond to my demands for proof of this debt. The only thing they sent to me was a statement of payments on my account, which shows that not only I paid the full loan but more than the original loan amount. What can I do? This company is holding my car and credit hostage and absolutely ignore any requests. The ONLY letter I have received is the one with the statement and it was a settlement letter for $600. I couldn't believe it. I wrote back AGAIN and said, I have paid more than the original amount...what is the rest of this debt and PROVE IT!

I am at a loss as where to go. This is a LARGE company and I am a small nobody who they obviously feel deserves no time or respect. I know I could hire an attorney and I can imagine just how much that would cost. Any suggestions or similar experience would be so helpful. This is one bad debt that is legitimately NOT MINE! I paid these d**n people and they keep screwing me over.

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Call GMAC and say this- it will work instantly!!!

Tell them your local TV station - (in san fran chan 4 has a show called Contact 4 where
    fed up customers call - they put the company in the press - and you've got certified letters.

Tell the GMAC REP you were going to call them next if they didn't fix it within 2 hrs and call back and verify.

Tell them if you do not hear back by ....
    11 am, you are dialing Contact 4 and give em some press!

I KNOW THIS WORKS read on:
    I bought an NEC computer about 2 yrs ago,
    maybe 3. It was in the shop 3 times in the first 30 days - I let this go on for 11
    shop visits. NEC would not get me a new PC and the warrant was out in another 30 days.

I went to the web, NEC.com, Investments, Officers, and found the PRES of NEC and his
    business number.

I explained to his staff that this computer was worked on 14 times and I have paper.
    I will call Contact 4 NEWS this afternoon
    and I am giving my documents to them.
    I believe your company will be getting press on the 6 o'clock news.

I had a new PC COMPLETE SYSTEM FEDEXED
    That afternoon.

Since Ive given the old P400 to a friend and now zap with Dell P111 800 DSL.

Amusing story, huh? :)

3. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

Should we start calling you BullDog-man?

good story,

BarryN