GMAC Credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by penguin, Jul 14, 2001.

1. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

I have a paid car loan through GMAC (paid off in 2000). Back in '98 I had a couple of sixty-day lates. I've disputed the lates, but they all came back verified. Has anyone had any luck removing late payments w/them, and how did you do it? Thanks!

2. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Penguin,

Its been years since I had any dealings with GMAC. However, why don't you write them a nice letter explaining to them that you had endured difficult times several years back that affected your ability to meet your obligation to your creditors, which resulted in several late payments. Also point out that the account is paid off.

I had a similar situation with my Syms & Firestone credit cards and they deleted the late payments after I wrote to them explaining my situation and also added that the accounts were paid off. I don't think it can hurt.

Good luck!

Manny

3. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I recently wrote a letter to GMAC via planetfeedback. In Nov and December of 2000, they credited payments to my account two weeks late each. Of course, I continued to accrue interest that resulted in about 100$. I wanted my account credited for this, since all of my other bills that I sent out on the same dates as these payments were received and promptly credited to those accounts.

Six weeks later I received a very condescending and patronizing letter from customer service, indicating that they credit payments when they receive them, and the fault must either lie with the Postal service or me.

I find their customer service to be lacking, and the bottom line, rather than customer service, seems to be their focus. I have been a customer of GMAC for eleven years, and two cars. It is my intent to drive my current car for several years, and never EVER buy GMAC again.

One thing I will say-the lates do tend to drop off prior to the seven years. On my last account, several lates from 1995 have already dropped without any disputes.

4. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies! I will try writing a letter of explanation--you're right, it can't hurt! I'll keep you posted.