GMC.....0% financing Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lmckenzie, Oct 4, 2001.

1. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

Hi-

In the market to trade in 99 Blazer for a Tahoe.

Does anyone know whether or not if you don't "qualify" for the 0% financing would they still look at financing at about 5,6 or 7% interest rate ?

Current interest rate is 7%, but don't know how this will fair with the current prime rate.

Another question when items are being disputed does the dealer look at these things or are they going strictly by score ?

Also, thanks to Junum the Blazers' payment history has been totally DELETED from equifax !

Thanks
    Keisha

"Waking up from a credit nightmare"

2. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

ooohhh...I wouldn't mind a Dinali, but I am in the middle of a grudge against GM....Humpfh!

3. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

GMAC, who the offer is through, carries a 720 FICO requirement for 'special offers'. I don't know if this applies to the 0%, but I would guess it does. I'll call in and ask this afternoon.

Shawn

4. lmckenzie

I will call and ask is there a number that you know of to ask ?

5. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Ditto Chele Chele

You and I are on the same page w/GMAC. They would have to pay ME to drive one of their vehicles at this point.

6. lmckenzie

Re: Ditto Chele Chele

Hey-

Am I missing something here what's up with their cars ?

7. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Re: Ditto Chele Chele

This is discussed here almost weekly. GM cars are junk. My one and only GM car lasted about 40,000 miles. I was glad to get anything for it and it was top of the line for them. After that experience, I switched to Toyota and Honda. The differene is unbelievable. I will never buy another American car after my GM experience. And, I worked for them. We built junk and everybody in the plant knew it.

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

HEY!!!!!

I drive a GM car (Cadillac) and I have had NO PROBLEMS what so ever with the exception of routine stuff. I also have a 90 Honda Accord w/ almost 200k miles on it that drives like it's BRAND NEW! I must admit, the only GM card that I would even attemp to buy outside of Cadillac is a Surburban or Yukon XL. Otherwise, I'll stick w/ Honda, Accura, etc.

9. supershawn

Re: HEY!!!!!

I called in and it seems they are being flexible. Automatic approvals from GMAC for 0% are for 720's and above, but they have been able to approve others.

NO changes were made to the tier structures... meaning all rates other than 0.0% are the same as they were before.

However, they should go down next week as a result of the interest rate change.

As far as GM cars being 'junk', I would have to disagree. We have several GM dealerships and I have seen many a car go out in my day. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT knocking other makers- I have had two Acuras that I took to over 120k a piece.

One thing you will find BETTER in 'GM' and other 'American' dealerships is the initial 'deal'. American dealerships have better rebates almost ALL the time- check Edmunds to see for yourself. Also, the programs are more customer oriented...meaning you ar emore likely to be able to participate in 'dealer' incentives than you would at a foriegn car dealership.

Everything is hit and miss, however, and I understand that- so no flames.

The key to keeping any car running for a while is maintanence. It killed me to see people buy a new car, then come in two years later with NO oil changes, complaining about problems. No matter what the manual says, 3k oil changes have proven time and time again to make an engine last a lot longer.

<preacher mode/off> <grin>

Hope this helps!

Shawn

10. chelechele

I'm tellin you, this car has had perfect maintainance....it is just a pile of pooh. It was nothing but problems since day one. Bought new felt like 30 years old. I have a stack of service records about an inch and a half thick....and these aren't oil changes that I am talking about. I just got the head gasket replaced and a new catalytic converter for the second time....Mind you this is a 1999 we are talking about. I have had things like non-welded control arm brackets out of the plant, um let's see....new cluster in the gas tank......electrical problems all along....hmmmm.....a new distributor and alternator......hmmmmm......power windows fixed 3 times.....hmmmm...flip up headlight motors fixed 3 times both lights.....hmmmmm.....shifter stuck....hmmmm....crap, this thing was so screwed both my odometer and my trip meter (both digital) were stuck for a few thousand miles....figure that one out. Too bad there aren't any cliffs where I live.......hmmmmmmm.................. (deep in thought)........

11. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

What do you do beat it

12. supershawn

Chele-

It wasn't a shot at you- I PROMISE!!!!! :)

Sometimes you just get a lemon...or a bad car....it happens. I know. But I just didn't want you to get a bad taste for GM because they do make good products.

But, if you would have just chenged your oil every now and then.... <ahhhh....ducking and running>

;p

Shawn

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

79 OLDSMOBILE DELTA 88 240,000+
    78 CHEVY NOVA 150,000+ (BLEW TIMING CHAIN) ...SITTING IN DRIVEWAY...

14. chelechele

1999 Firechicken.....wishing it would spontaneously combust!!!!!

15. lmckenzie

Pulled credit from EXPERIAN

I just got notification that GMAC that pulled my credit report....will keep you all posted.

Keisha
    "Waking up from a credit nightmare"