God Bless This Board!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by themyles, Oct 2, 2001.

1. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

I cannot belive I called American Express to check on the status of my app and the automated system said "congratulations you have been approved. It has been a long battle with the CRA, but it was worth the effort.

I don`t know which bureau they pulled yet, but it had to be Equifax(657) or Transunion(621). Hope that helps. They said I was approved for 2,000.

Here are the accounts that were showing on both reports, by the way my Equifax has over 60 inquiries for the year vs. TU which has about 20:

Goodyear 600 cl
    Target 300 cl
    Citi Plat select 3000 cl
    American General 1059.00 (finance company)
    Saks 5th Ave 800 cl

No lates or collections.

Again my appreciation to all the regular posters here!!!!

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Blue Card?

Lots of Inquiries!

BTW Congratulations!

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Wow! Happy, happy, joy dance to ya!!!

BTW, what number did you dial for status?

4. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

Congrats!! I was just approved also. I have to really thank this board and all the advice I have gotton on how to clean up my report. My reports look great except for TU. I can't get them to remove a IQ for anything. They keep telling me they don't do IQ's. So, I 'm stuck!! Unless someone has an alternative out there???!!

5. themyles

American Express 1-800-600-2583

To get TU to remove inquiries don`t ask them tell them. Make a copy of the page with the inquiries and highlight the ones you want removed and mention this is the last effort to get these removed prior to filing. Be blunt and to the point.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Amen brother... now you're preaching to the choir!

7. themyles

Yes it was the Blue, they also denied me back in June and the rep told me to re-apply in a couple of months.

8. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

Did we do the same thing or what?? They denied me back then too..and now I was approved. Go figure, but I'm excited.