Going through old pre-approved apps

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kenny, May 7, 2001.

1. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I am sitting here going through some of my pre-approved apps that I have gotten in the mail. I keep them just to look at the terms and maybe one day if I am hurting I might need to use one. Anyhow I am looking at a app from Security bank. Pre-approved from 250-2500 21% APR and 119.00 appectance fee, get this after your 61st card statement you MAY get back the 119.00. Shit that's 5 years. I don't even know if I want to laugh and get pissed at that one. The nerve of this place. Does anyone out thjere have this card?On top of a 50 annual fee, 6 dolar monthly fee, 35 one time fee you pay up front.

Next up First National: Same excat terms as Security Bank, when I say same I mean same.

-At&t universal platinum card. 0% APR transfers, I don't know how I got this. I am not applying though. 14.99% APR. no annual fee. Should I apply :). Has a specail offer code.

Citibank platinum select: Has the same terms as the at&t platinum card.
    First Savings Credit card: 18.9% APR 119 appectance fee, 50.00 annual fee, 6.00 monthly fee, 35.00 processing fee

Chase Platinum Mastercard 17.9% APR. No annual fee

Well that's all folks. Let me know what you think. And if any of you guys have any of the cards I just listed.

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Kenny,

I just received a First National Card in the mail. I NEVER requested it. My terms are:
    CL:6500
    APR: NONE
    Down Payment: 30%
    Only for catalog merchandise

This is Bull sh!t. Is my credit really that bad?!?
    I get cards in the mail unsolicited for CATALOG merchandise. I'm not that stupid!

3. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

Erica I don't think that is a VISA card, take a closer look at it.

4. chrisb

chrisb Well-Known Member

That is the biggest SCAM out there. Been going around for quite a while (2-3 months back there was a big thread on it) Basically the "Catalog Merchandise" could be bought at a store for about 40% of what they charge for it, so with the mandatory 30% down they have a pretty good idea that they will get their money.

I'll finance 80% of this new $60,000 Geo Metro for you, no credit needed! 0% 10 years.

That's about what they're doing. STAY AWAY, and cut that stupid card up into a million pieces. Their agreement thing I think asks for annual fees too. Make sure it's destroyed so nobody accidentally uses it.

Hope I was of some help
    Chris

5. Davidoj

Davidoj Member

I thought I was the only one to keep those pre approved offers even if I knew they were no good. DAVID

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Chris, Yes there are annual fees, and it is not a major credit card. The funny thing is, is that it is "issued" by Consumer Credit Services. Isn't that almost like CCCS? Anyways, I'm not as stupid as they look, and I will NEVER use that card. NEVER.

They must get people all the time, though. Just think about it? $6500 interest free? Who really bothers to read the fine print? (Besids us Creditnet people)

Thanks for all of your responses on this piece of crap "offer" (and I use that term loosely)

Talk to you all soon! Off to a final now. I'll let you all know how it goes