Going to Crash and Burn-Help...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by garnuth, Jul 31, 2001.

1. garnuth

garnuth Member

2. garnuth

garnuth Member

the only assets I have is computer/office equipment, which really is worth nothing. I have absolutely no money, but since I have never been in this situation I feel compelled to find any way to pay it back. I would hate to declare BK, and I am unsure about credit counselors.

If there is a good reputable credit counselor out there, could you or someone let me know. I have heard horror stories of people going to CC's and then getting ripped off and more in debt.

Thanx for the advice.

3. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Garnuth,

Are you a member of a credit union? I know that our credit union had a type of credit counseling program that helped people get back on track without trashing their credit. Several of my employees used the service and were very pleased with the results. Perhaps other CU's offer a smilar type program.

Good luck to you.

Manny

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I assume by no assets, you mean you have no assets, that is no cash value on an insurance, or equity in a building, business equipment or automobile. One thing you may want to try, there are sometimes people that need a tax write-off, if your business is losing money, you can sell a portion of the loses to an individual or business in need of loses to offset income or earnings.

www.creditsense.com