Going to dispute with EXPERIAN

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Nov 28, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Anyone have some successful letters, for experian and Trans Union disputes?

Any tips, appreciated too. I just finished a massive online dispute with Equifax removing over $11K in bad debt ! It's time to take on the other guys..

1. My email is above, if you would be kind to send me a copy of Experian or Trans union letters I WOULD totally appreciate it!

2. How should they be mailed? USPS? One dispute per letter?

3. Any other tips.. It seems I can do this by myself and save a few bucks. Its the holidays. The lag time due to holidays may be KEY to getting items removed due to the 30 day rule and general slowness of business during this holiday?

Any tips, post em up, Better yet, if you can post a DISPUTE letter for TU/Experian/Equifax (all 3?) here for others to see that would be GRAND!

Thanks! Everyone here totally rocks, and has made my credit rebuilding experience fantastic!

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Going to dispute with EXPE

Sam, I would suggest sending certified mail r/r. Also i think they may be slower during the holidays, that would help us all. But if you could be a little more specific on what items you are disputing?? maybe someone can give you an ideal letter to use. Also I wouldn't bombard them with alot of items in one letter, this sometimes raises a flag. Whatever your reason for disputing, I have found that stating the facts and not rambling on makes them more attentive to your request. Make your point but don't go overboard, and always make it sound professional but not too too much.

Mom

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Going to dispute with EXPE

Well equifax disputed:

MBGA Home depot $1700 - deleted
    Bank of New York VGOLD - $6700 - deleted
    Equifax check service (x4) -deleted
    AT&T CITIB $COLL - Deleted
    Universal Bank - Deleted (see prev 1)
    Associates Collection - Deleted
    Auto loan - set to closed
    Some other collection for card - deleted
    Norwest Financil - $4111 Deleted

I assume since they don't respond to equifax in the period of time necessary, they probably won't respond to the other bureaus.

So any blanket successfully used letters to dispute that the accounts are not mine would be handy..

I'm down to like 1 collection ($45), 3 Charge off's on my equifax , all expiring by date of last activity 05/96 (+7 = 2003!)

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Just remember though I hope it

That if they repsond after the thirty days, the agency will put in back on your report. I hope this doesn't happen to you of course, but it does happen.

Mom

5. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: Just remember though I hop

Mom,

Have you ever heard of this happening to items that come off the report that you HAVEN'T disputed? See my reply to CCMAX today (11/29).

Has anyone else heard of this happening?

Paranoid now,
    Cindy

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

NO

I just have heard that sometimes when you intiate the dispute and then creditor doesn't reply in 30 days the agency has to remove, but if they do respond past the 30 days then the agency can reinsert this. With yours I am sure you are fine, didn't mean to scare you. This really referred to the 30 day response time.

Mom

7. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mom!

<g> With my credit reports, I need all the help I can get. I will now consider the vanishing records a case of divine intervention ;-)

Cheers,
    Cindy