gold vs. platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Mar 6, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Which is regarded as the top card nowadays (gold or platinum) or are they pretty much the same?

2. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Platinum is the top of the line usually. Gold has become very common
    with a lot of credit card companies such as Capital one, my girlfriend
    has a Gold card from them with a wopping $800 credit limit. Not very
    impressive.

The mother of all credit cards would probably be Amex Platinum,
    if you can qualify for that puppy then you know you have perfect
    credit.

Alex
    ------------
    Free Credit Repair Tools...
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Platinium has year-end summary , higher air common insurance, and rental car insurance. Of course plationium cards has a higher credit limits than gold cards. Actually the paltinium cards just like the gold cards in the old days and it just replaced gold cards. It is the matter marketing things to attract you for applying for the cards.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Your wrong Ron

Gold is about the same when it comes to coverages. I think.

roni

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Your wrong Ron

platinum like citibank platinum select is an upgrade option for anyone with a card at $1000 limit or more. not so exclusive any more :)

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: heh

i didnt mean your wrong roni :)

For me, gold and platinum offer really nothing other than a better looking card. I don't use most of the features, cept maybe rental car insurance. I guess it would be more beneficial if you travel or something.

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Alex - Mother of All CC's...

Correction! It USE to be Am/Ex Platinum...

Now it's Am/Ex Centurion Black card. If you qualify for this card, then you know you must of won the lottery or something! ;-D

I wonder if Donald Trump will put me on as AU? <snicker>

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Alex - Mother of All CC's.

Platinium, Gold cards is the matter of the status if you like sort of the thongs and you used the same way of the classic cards.

9. Hooked on

Hooked on Guest

Re: Alex - Mother of All CC's.

You're wrong its you're wrong!

You'res truly HOP

10. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I thought Titanium was the

highest of them all??

11. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: I thought Titanium was the

nah x.com gave everyone titanium :)

12. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Titanium, aluminum........titanium, aluminum.....

Get the picture?

13. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

DMB's secured $500 limit card is titanium...that should tell you something ;)

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Not roni....stolen name

I, roni, did not post the prior message. Someone is having fun posting at this site using my name. Slim, Rob and I have the same address so it is pretty easy to get away with it. I know it probably really doesnot matter, but I dont like statements made like that. As far as I can remember there was only one roni at this site so I dont think this is an innocent newcomer to the board. Does anyone know of any suggestions for me to correct this problem besides simply not posting here anymore so you will all know it is roni, me.

All my post had my sig at the end....roni. Now this person has started posting in that style also. Trustration can not express how I feel. I want to use this board freely like all the rest of you. I am truly being ran off.

roni

15. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Re: Not roni....stolen name

As long as you're nice to everyone, Roni, we'll know that any rude message is from an impostor. :)

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That's not true Richguy. He has actually posted some neutral post which was not me either. It has not always been the insane postings. If it were that easy I wouldnot worry about it. I guess, worrying won't help either.

roni

17. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

If it's positive, we'll know it's you, otherwise, we'll just assume it's the other guy, and you won't have to take the fall. Sounds to me like you have the best of both worlds. If it's good, it came from you, otherwise, you can blame someone else. :)

I wouldn't worry about it roni.