Good credit repair companies?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BruteForce, Oct 9, 2001.

1. BruteForce

BruteForce Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I'm looking for a good credit repair company that actually does what they say. has anyone had any luck with this?

2. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

I'm just starting down that path after doing a lot of repair work myself and then "hitting the wall" so to speak. I'll be posting as I see how it works out. In the meantime, run a search on each of the three most often discussed here; Lexington Law Firm, Junum, and CreditWrench, aka Bill Bauer. There's been a lot said about all of them, so you can read and form your own opinion.

Goofd Luck!

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Save the money, read this board and do it yourself. Your wallet will thank you and you will not have to wait as long for the results...

4. Quixote

Did I say that out loud? Dang tha t spel chekr, anyweigh!

5. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

Bkev,

nice of you to offer that advice, but I think he, like some others here, are scared to do it ourselves, or don't have the time, and just want advice on who to go to if we decide not to do it ourselves. Personally, I'd gladly pay someone else to do it.

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

I can personally recommend both Lexington and CreditWrench. Both achieved great results for me but in different ways. I've not used Junum.

7. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

If you're going to pay someone, pay Bill Bauer. He knows his stuff, his letters should scare the **** out of collectors, and he doesn't spam you. :)

Steph

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Waste your money if you want. They just send out the same type of form letter disputes you can find PBM posted here for free. And as I've said before... they don't even do it fast. They get paid by the month, so they will only dispute a few at a time. Most people can have 8 accounts under investigation at any one point. Send off a dispute letter with 4 accounts and follow it up in two weeks with 4 others. That would take 3-4 months to do with these pay-by-the-month credit repair form letter companies.

9. Jeff

Jeff Guest

If you are looking for someone to help you I would recommend Bill Bauer and his Creditwrench.

My results with Bill have been fantastic. He knows his stuff and is a very nice guy as well.

Good luck to you.

10. Quixote

I've mentioned before that I have done quite a lot of this on my own. I've gotten over 40 items deleted between my CR's and my wife's. But that only got me about two-thirds of the way there. The rest either "verified" or in fact renewed efforts to collect on old accounts (I woke the sleeping dragons). Now, I know that all the right forms and letters are buried here within the site, some are even out in the open up front, but I'm a busy guy, I don't have enough hours in the day to research out every last bit of strategy, even though I know it is here, somewhere, in the site. When I realized I had gotten all of the easy ones out of the way, I came to the conclusion that it was easier, and faster, to hire an expert. I've read enough here to say that it wasn't a hard choice. I signed up last week with Bill Bauer. I can tell you that there is no foot dragging there. The first day, we had the first steps mapped out for every single target account (considerably more than three or four, and I've sent off the first round of letters as of today. Since not one is addressed to a CRA, I'm not worried in the least about "bombarding" them. I'll post the results later.

Ultimately, it's just nice to have a guide that I trust knows what to do next when we get deep in the weeds. Well worth the piddly amount of money that Bill charges.

11. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I can say that I tried Lex. Used them for some time. I honestly only had one negative deleted- although they did delete two POSITIVES for me!!!!!!!!

Lex also 'forgot' to send me my promised refund- then convienently stopped answering my emails when I asked about it's status. They still send me an email every now and then trying to get me to use their 'advanced' service. I thik I'll pass....

Seems like people here have had mixed results with Junum and Lexington. Bill Bauer seems the better way to go- I sent him my money. The do it yourself route gives you more flexibility and variation- this seems to help the results a lot.

Hope this helps.

Shawn