good grief.. not again!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by annoyed, Aug 11, 2003.

1. annoyed

annoyed Member

I am getting so fed up with one of my accounts! For 2 years I've been trying to get rid of this eyesore! I started out sending the CA a validation letter. Next thing I know I get a letter from a new CA saying they now have the debt. So I send them a validation letter.. same thing happens it gets transfered to a 3rd CA, so again I send a validation letter.. and well you get the idea. I'm now on CA #5 for this account! I tried disputing the OC's tradeline and it comes back verified. I dispute the CA and it gets verified or deleted and passed to another CA. I tried to get the OC to validate and they just send me a letter saying to contact the CA. Is there a law against this? I never had an account with the OC!! Yet I can't get the stupid thing removed! Last time I tried to get TU to remove it I got a letter saying that it has been previously verified and that my dispute was frivlous... how can they verfiy an account that I *never* had? I'm getting extremely frustrated. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Maybe it is time for TRANS UNION to get an ITS

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

4. dstdiva

dstdiva Well-Known Member

i am a newbie, but i did have a thought. shouldn't you be able to send the OC correspondence (since they are reporting, probably as a charge-off to your CR) stating that they are furnishing incorrect info,which is a violation of the FCRA? if they don't respond, can't you send them an ITS?

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: good grief.. not again!

Sure