GOOD NEWS! CHASE CAME THROUGH

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone!

My new Chase card is here! Yep, I got it! The wait time was about three weeks. The limit I got was $5,500 and I'm very pleased with that.

The reason I wanted the card so much is that it would mean another big step up out of the sub prime basement. For example, today, that awful 1st Premier card will be history! I hate that card!

Roni, like you I'd love to ditch my Cap One classic. Regrettably, though, I can't. It's my oldest card and my score would be negatively affected, I'm sure.

So many of you here have offered kindness and encouragement. I sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

Donna

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

RE: GOOD NEWS! CHASE CAME THR

Hey Donna!!!

That's great! Congratulations. I am really happy for you. I knew you'd get it.

Be sure to tell me which CRA they checked.

:)

Marci

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Oh yeah,

Did you respond to a mailed offer with an acceptance certificate or did you apply online?

What card did you apply for and what card didi you get?

Thanks,

Marci

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Marci, I'll be saying a prayer and keeping my fingers crossed for Chase to come through for you, too.

My best guess is that Chase checked Transunion. That's the bureau they used a year or so ago when I applied and was denied.

Then, my TUC report didn't look so hot. It had that ugly old paid chargeoff, plus lots of lates. Since that time, I've done a lot of cleaning up and it's looking much better now. A late pay, I believe, is all that's left.

Equifax and Experian are giving me a rougher time. The reports they have on me still need some work. I keep trying but the deletions and changes don't come easy. Equifax started out okay but then they became harder to budge. Experian has always presented a challenge. But, hey, my life has been full of challenges and I don't concede defeat quickly or easily.

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Marci,

Originally, I applied on line but my application was never processed. So I called Chase and the rep took my application over the phone. The guy was very nice and apologized for the lost ap. He said I would hear something in about three weeks and he was right - The response came in just a little over two.

I hope this helps.

Donna

6. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Shall do. :)

Donna

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Thanks, Donna...

Did you apply for just any Chase card, or did you specifically ask for Classic, Gold...

Thanks and congratulations!

Marci

9. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Marci,

I decided to start at the lower end and apply for the classic. I figured I could always move up.

My co-worker said there is no status designation on the card itself and the color is silver. So I suspect my Visa is classic. Initially, I was gonna go for the Shop Now card; but, when my online ap didn't go through, I opted for the Visa classic. There's time enough to go for the gold. :)

Donna

10. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Donna wrote:

There's time enough to go for the gold. :)

Absolutely, and one day, you'll go for the gold and reach the Platinum!

Marci

11. Greg

Greg Guest

Donna

May I ask what terms did you receive (APR)?

12. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Donna

Donna

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Well, congratulations again. It is about time the card came. You applied at the perfect time. Enjoy all your new credit girl.

roni

14. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Roni.

Yeah, I'm so glad the Chase card came. That cleared the way for me to get rid of 1st Premier. Now I have five credit cards...three of them prime...and I don't think that's too many. But I don't need any more! I'm definitely on the wagan!

Donna

15. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Great news Donna, sure worth the wait:)

Congrats
    Mom:)

P.S. I am tempted, BUT I will stay on the wagon:)

16. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

You're right - The wait was definitely worth all of the suspense. And, actually, the limit was higher than I thought I'd get, too. Since I went the clasic route, I thought it would be lower.

Anyway, I'm with you and Roni now. I'm definitely on the wagon! No more credit! Five cards is more than plenty.

Donna

17. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

Pre-approved platinum offer received by Chase
    on Jan 9. Jan 23 I get letter saying I am
    tentatively approved, please fax in proof of
    address.They never got fax so I had to re fax
    today,two weeks later.Now they say they may
    know something by the end of the week.Every
    time I call I get slightly different info.
    I think its gotta be a go , I just hate to wait.