Good News- I beat Chexsystems

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by B, Oct 13, 2000.

1. B

B Guest

Being a person with two negatives on their chex system record I though I would never have a "brick and mortar" bank account again. I have a savings account at a credit union which gives me ATM access but they wouldnt open a checking for me because of Chex Systems even though I have been a customer with them for 6 years with a perfect record. I have been using x.com and we know whats happening their. I also have a USABANCSHARES account that I opened with a dollar but never used (too smitten with X). I just recently opened a NetBank acocunt but I really wanted a Brick and Mortar account, so I read on ChexVictims that SunTrust uses telecheck and I know my record is clean their (I never write checks in stores) so I thought I would give it a try, so on Monday (yes, Monday a bank holiday) I went into my local Safeway and lo and behold the bank was open. I walked right up and signed up for an account. Since their computers were down they set me up manually. They called Telecheck I watched her put in my SSN and saw her write down an approval number, she filled out some more paperwork, I made a deposit and was on my way, with a promise my Starter Checks were going to be mailed after "they verified some info" I got nervous at this but I calmed myself down because I figured they wanted to make sure my address and phone number were legit. So today (Friday) I received my starter checks,with a signed welcome note and my VISA check card. I ordered my Checks from Checks in the mail online on Monday and they were shipped on Tuesday, should get those tomorrow. I am so happy, I really feel like I am "back" in the financial world. Sorry for the long post.

2. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

RE: Good News- I beat Chexsyst

chex system is supposed to drop all the negative info in 5 years .. My wife was on it and we got her off. Thankx to her bank though they requested a deletation . I know others don't . you said that you where on it for 6 years that;s not right . Unless the second incident happenned less than 5 years ago . Good luck ..

3. B

B Guest

All incidents were less than 5 years, I meant I have maintained my Savings acount at the credit union for 6 years

4. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

sorry to hear that .. I knew what sort of thing your going through though they are a terrible reporting agency. and congrates on your new accounts . :)

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Just opened an account with bank of america due their change in policy. They will open an account even if you have an incident with chexsystems if it is at least 2 years old (if its paid) and 3 years old even if it's not paid. Got this information from the chexvictims.org website.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I had no problems opening an account with a bank days after paying an account with Summit Bank (overdrawn after closing account). I went to Chase to open the account and that is how I found out my name was in the system and they told me the amount and with who. I paid Summit and went back to Chase in about a week and opened my account. Everyone was nice about it. My name was cleared in 7 days from the chexsystem. I have opened 3 accounts since then. I dont understand all the problems with chexsystem if you actually pay the debt.

7. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

info for Roni

Roni-

Just FYI: You wouldn't have a problem opening a new account after paying off the old *if* the old bank agreed to remove you from chexsystems. Most of them won't, even if you pay. And they don't have to. So, what it comes down to is you got lucky that you were removed from Chexsystems after you paid.

MO