Good News Lady and Roni!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by debbie, Oct 2, 2000.

1. debbie

debbie Guest

Well Roni you were right! Citibank is on a roll. Just called in to verify status and was approved for AA Platnium Select, $9k limit. Welcome package already mailed out.
    I'm really happy, ever since I could remember, back when I was in my 20's seeing my bosses and supervisors pull out their Citibank cards always impressed me, if I'm not mistaken there the #1 bank in the world.

Know the question is, I have my providian classic with 4K limit, at 16.9 apr. Should I keep it or transfer the balance over to Citi, they have 2.9apr for 9 months on transfers. Also, can I transfer over Sears balance to any of these cards?

Well didn't get the Amex, but I'am happy with this. So Lady I think you're home free, let us know how your's turns out.

Thanks again Roni!

2. Tom

Tom Guest

RE: Good News Lady and Roni!!!

Debbie,congratulation!

3. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Should I or Shouldn't I

Hey guys,

I have a score in the high 500's mainly because I have to major inaccuracies on my credit report. I have collection that is altogether wrong and a charge off, that never was charged off. Yes I am in the process of removing both items.

Should I even bother now to try this AAdvantage card for Citibank or wait for the items to be removed.

4. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Congatulations Debbie, I don't know what to say about Providian. That was one of my first accounts and I'm not closing mine at all, but I will do a transfer.
    Keep in touch. :)

5. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Congratulations!! Could you possibly post the number you called to verify the status? TIA.

Kirk

6. question

question Guest

First off Congrats Debbie!! Did you receive instant approval at the site or did you get the message your application was accepted and you would get results in mail???? Thanks

7. debbie

debbie Guest

Kirk:

I called 301-733-5501 and told I was approved then got transfered to Cust. Service 1-888-766-2484 for the rest of the details.

question:
    My hubby got instant approval for his, but I had to wait a week or so and call in.

Hope this helps! and thanks for all your great wishes.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Debbie,
    I am so happy for you. I hope others take the advise and give it a shot. It is a inquiry well spent.

9. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Roni!!!!

Roni, did you get your card yet? How long does it take? Also, were you approved for the gold card?

Thanks
    Reshod

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Roni!!!!

No,I have not received my cards. I applied for them on 9/23. They said 10 days approx. But,I moved and the card is being forwarded mailed. I was approved for the gold card on 9/26 over the phone. That one is coming to my new home and the rep warned me that the gold would probably reach me before the first classic card due to the mail issues.

11. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

Debbie: what kind of credit did you have to get the card?

12. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

city bank disapproved me 2 weeks ago what kind of credit dod you have.

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

rolo, what is up with your spelling? And what kind of card did you apply for?

14. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

citibank visa

15. debbie

debbie Guest

Hi All:

After I talked to the customer service rep yesterday I had a few doubts on which card I had been approved for since I realized later that there is no AA Platinum, so I got home and called in again, and it turns out I got approved for the Classic AA, and she invited me to apply for the gold and so I did. If I get the gold with the same limit I'll keep the gold and cancel the classic.

So now I don't have the option of the transfer so I think I'm going to keep my providian, 16.9 is pretty good. I'm hoping after being with Citibank for 6 to 9 months maybe try to get a better APR.

My credit is pretty good, I have a paid collection from 4/99, which only comes out on Experian and a voluntary repossession on an auto loan from 98, that only comes out on my Transunion repor, my Equifax is spotless, so I guess that's what's helping me out. Like alot of you here I started rebuilding back in 95 with Sears, Jcpenny, then Capitol, Providian, Nothing for almost 2 years and now started applying for the prime cards. I had my hopes set on AMEX but I guess I'm not ready yet. I am going to dispute the collection on Experian and with Transunion the volunt. repo since Equifax deleted it from my report after investigation in July.
    Well hope this answered some questions,

Wish you all the best of luck.

Debbie