Good News!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks so much to all of you who have offered help and support to my husband and me while we've been looking for a place to move.

We were finally able to get in touch with someone at the leasing agency. The initial rep has yet to call us back but we were able to reach her supervisor. She apologized profusely for her subordinate's lack of cooperation and has agreed to show us the place this afternoon. When she comes, she'll also be bringing a lease, so the place is ours if we want it.

In the meantime, we've come across a second town house that sounds even nicer and it's in the same area. We've been able to speak with the owner directly and he's showing his place to us at 10:00 tomorrow morning.

Things are starting to look up. What a relief! Since my credit didn't keep us from getting the first place, I have more confidence that it wouldn't be a stumbling block for the second either.

After we've seen both places, we can make a decision and should be able to notify our landlord some time this weekend.

Thank goodness the suspense is over! And it feels good to know that my credit didn't have anything to do with the leasing agency's delay in contacting us. Rather, it was the ineptitude of the agent.

From this experience, I'm learning that it's much less stressful to deal with the landlord directly. I know it's easier for a landlord to delegate rental and maintenance responsibilities to a professional agency, but this sure can create headaches for prospective tenants.

Again, thank you all for your help and kindness. Your support has meant a lot. The suspense is over and we'll definitely be moving soon.

Donna

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Hey Donna!!!!!

Good going. So not only did you get the townhome you wanted but you have a choice between that and another! Good job. Now the only prayers you need are those giving you wisdom on which one to choose. I knew your credit would not be an issue, but I'm glad that you have that confirmation from the rental agency.

Congratulations, and good luck with your new decision. These are the best kinds to make. :)

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Hip, Hip, Hooray! Not only do you have a new townhouse to move to...but now you have choices.

That's the coolest! Congrats!

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

This is fabulous news! Congratulations!

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Marci, Hope and MP$40 - Thanks so much! I really appreciate your kind thoughts and good wishes.

It really is nice that we'll have a choice. Actually, after talking with the owner, I have a feeling that we just may go with the second town house.

Either way we go, we'll have our own washer and dryer! No more visits to the laundry mat and fighting over machines. What a luxury! I'm soooo looking forward to that! The extra rent will be worth it. Oh yeah, and we'll have a dish washer! That will be nice, too.

Take care and thanks again for your help and support.

Donna

6. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Donna,

I am so happy for you! Sitting here in my cube with a huge smile on my face like it's my own place... I know what you mean about the washer and dryer. About 10 years ago I was desperate enough to "rent to own" a washer and dryer to get away from the apartment laundry room. One PO'd boyfriend (he said no), but I was in HEAVEN.

Congrats congrats congrats

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, JaquiG.

Yeah, the washer and dryer thing is pretty exciting! We're gonna have to buy our own but we knew that going in. That way, it's one less thing we'll have to buy when we eventually get a place of our own. But one of the things on our must-have list was a washer/dryer hook up. I'm so tired of schlepping laundry all over the place! It's one of those things I just don't want to do any more.

Now I get to start packing. That's not much fun but it will have to be done.

Take care and thanks again. :)

Donna

8. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Congrats Donna!

Now you hold the power because you have what they want (rent money) rather than them having power over you!

I'm sure you will make the best choice :)

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Congratulations Donna! I am doing a happy dance for you. More of a happy wiggle, I can't dance. Enjoy your new place.

-Peace, Dave

10. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, The Other. It really feels good that the moving issue will soon be resolved. By tomorrow, I'm sure we will have made our decision. The next time we move, though, we will be buyers.

Donna

11. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

LOL! Dave. If you think you can't dance, then you should see me! But, when no one is watching, it's fun to try anyway.

I appreciate your good wishes. It's going to be nice to finally have a place with some room.

Donna

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Donna, that is awesome news!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very happy for you and now you just have to make a choice between the 2:) The best of luck to you and may the best townhouse win!!

13. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, Momof3. I appreciate your kind words.

We're looking forward to moving and I'm glad the suspense is over.

Donna

14. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

COngrats-working up the nerve to look for new places next year. And the W/D-thats great! I hate laundromats!

15. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Keltexx.

And good luck when you start looking for a place to move. Rent out here is so expensive! The next time we move will be when we buy our own place.

Donna