Good news!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mimi, Apr 24, 2001.

1. mimi

mimi Guest

I guess my credit is looking better. I just received an offer from Providian MasterCard stating I'm already qualified w/ $1000 credit limit.

Should I take it and then close out Orchard Bank MC or should I decline. I already have Providian Visa. I'm sooo happy and I thank each and everyone of you.

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Take it. They are just as good about raising the limits on that card as they are on their Visa.

I don't think you can say you got that offer because your overall credit is improving. Providian offers that card based on account performance with them. You might take this as a chance to call retention though, and say you would like to take this new card but... and try to negotiate better terms.

I don't think I'd close your Orchard account though unless you think you might mishandle it.

3. mimi

mimi Guest

thanks for the info.

I think I will take it. Should I call retention and ask to drop the annual fee $59 or should I ask for a better credit limit. Or better yet an upgrade to Visa Gold? Naaa. Maybe I'll just ask them to drop the APR.

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: thanks for the info.

I don't think that asking them anything you want is going to prevent you from getting the second card, so you might as well go for it.

5. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

visa gold

Ask for a drop of the $59 and a visa gold. You should get both real easy.

Don't cancel any of the cards you now have. You apparently don't have anywhere near enough.

Bill Bauer

6. mimi

mimi Guest

Re: visa gold

No I don't. My mixture consists of 1 Visa, 1 Orchard Bank MC, car loan. I need a dept store card but really don't know which one to apply for and not be denied. I really don't want to waste an inquiry. So I figured I'll just see what comes through the mail.

I will call retention and see if they will do both. I sure hope so.