GOOD OL CROOKS COUNRTY BANK

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GS, Apr 26, 2000.

1. GS

GS Guest

MA got her CCB statement and it had a OVERLIMIT FEE on it, so she calls CCB and
    the CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. tells her it was a
    COMPUTER GLITCH AND THEY CAN'T TAKE IT OFF
    UNTIL THE NEXT STATEMENT GOES OUT. Don't you
    just love CROOKS COUNTRY BANK, and because of the GLITCH the COMPUTER RAISED HER RATE.
    So if it holds true to form for CCB this
    will take months to clear up, and between
    the FEE and the HIGHER RATE this will cost a pretty penny. I told her to cancel her
    CROOKS COUNTRY BANK CARD, AND TRANSFER IT TO HER PROVIDIAN GOLD CARD. Is this bank a joke or what? So she sends them the card cut up
    with a PROVIDIAN CHECK, THEY RECEIVE IT 3
    DAYS LATER. Then they call her and tell her
    they have removed the GLITCH FEE and try to get her to keep her card and they apologize
    for the error. So she told them where to stick their card (you can imagine where)
    and then she told them that their
    SILVER PREFERRED CARD MEANT THAT THEY
    PREFER TO SCREW YOU ONCE YOU GET IT.
    Anyone else having problems with THE CROOKS COUNTRY BANK COMPUTER. It's amazing how fast
    they removed the fee once she closed her account, but before it was going to take awhile. The funny thing was she wasn't even close to being over limit, her balance was
    $300 on a limit of $1200, go figure. I feel
    better now that she got away from those CROOKS.

2. Len

Len Guest

RE: GOOD OL CROOKS COUNRTY BAN

Good for your mom! Cross Country is the kind of place that she is better off without. I just hope closing that account isn't the eternal agony it's been for many of us. Cross Country doesn't let go of victims once they've tasted blood.

3. RACHEL

RACHEL Guest

I GOT A BETTER ONE THAN THAT FOR YOU.

LAST APRIL 99 MY FATHER BECAME TERM. ILL SO I NEEDED TO RENT A CAR FOR 6 DAYS. MY LIMIT ON MY SILVER CARD FROM CCB WAS 1350.00 AND MY BALANCE WAS ALMOST 1200.00. SO I CALLED FOR A CREDIT LINE INCREASE. KEEP IN MIND THAT I'VE HAD MY CARD SINCE 11-97 NEVER LATER OR OVER LIMIT. THEY GAVE ME WHAT THEY CALLED A $300.00 EMERGENCY LINE INCREASE. AT THAT TIME I WAS TOLD "THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO PAY THIS BACK IN 30 DAYS BUT BECAUSE YOU HAVE SUCH A FANTASTIC PAYMENT HISTORY THEY MAY DECIDE TO LET YOU KEEP THE INCREASE BUT WE WILL NOT KNOW UNTIL YOU NEXT STATEMENT GENERATES." THE MAY 99 STATEMENT CAME AND THE MIN. PAYMENT DUE WAS 56.00 I PAID 75.00 THE JUNE 199 STATEMENT CAME WITH A MIN. PAYMENT DUE OF 42.00 I PAID 85.00. THE JULY 99 STATEMENT CAME IT READ MIN PAYMENT 356.00 I CALLED THE BANK AT ONCE BECAUSE ALL OF MY 3 PREVIOUS STATEMENTS SHOWED MY CREDIT LINE WAS INCREASES TO 1650.00 THEY TOLD ME I WAS LYING AND THAT MY STATEMENTS WOULD NEVER SAY WHAT I CLAIMED. SO I FAXED THE STATEMENT FROM MY HOME WHILE THEY WERE ON THE PHONE THEY THEN TOLD ME THAT I HAD NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN THAT THERE WAS NO SUPERVISOR TO SPEAK TO SO I HAD TO PAY THE OVERLIMIT FEE PLUS THE 356.00. I DIDN'T MAKE A PAYMENT FOR JULY 99 INSTEAD I CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT BY PHONE AND IN WRITING. CCB REPORTED IT TO MY CREDIT THAT THEY CLOSED THE ACCOUNT FOR NON PAYMENT. OVER THE LAST 11 MONTHS I'VE BEEN MAKING PAYMENTS OF 75.00 TO 175.00 PER MONTH MY BALANCE IS STIL 2095.00 BECAUSE THEY ADD AN OVERLIMIT FEE EVERY MONTH. LAST MONTH 03-2000 I PAID 156.00 THRU A PHONE CHECK. THE GIRL AT CC BANK TOOK THE INFO FOR THE MICOLINE WRONG AND THE CHECK BOUNCED BECAUSE IT WAS NOT MY BANK'S MICROLINE. THEY THEN CHARGED ME WITH A NSF FEE AN OVERLIMIT FEE AND A LATE FEE. ALSO OVER THE PAST 11 MONTHS I RECEIVE A MIN, OF 5 PHONE CALLS A DAY FROM THE COLLECTION DEPARTMENT. I EXPLAIN TO EACH INDIVIDUAL WHO CALLS WHAT THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SINCE 4-99 I ASK EACH PERSON FOR THEIR NAME AND COLLECTOR ID # THEN I ASK TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR SO THAT I CAN TRY AND GET THE MATTER RESOLVED AND ALL THEY TELL ME IS THAT THERE IS NO ONE I CAN TALK TO UNTIL ON MARCH 20, 2000 I WAS REFERED TO THE PRESIDENTS OFFICE. I SPOKE TO A WOMAN WHO TOLD ME THE SAME THING I WAS MISTAKEN AND MY STATEMENTS WOULD HAVE NEVER REFLECTD THE CREDIT LIMIT OF 1650.00 INSTEAD OF 1350.00 THEREFORE I STILL HAVE TO REPAY THE 297.00 IN OVERLIMIT FEES AND 356.00 FROM THE ORIGINAL CREDIT INCREASE. MY POINT TO THIS MESSAGE IS THAT IF THEIR STATEMENTS AND COMPUTER ERRORS WERE PRINTED CORRECTLY AND THEIR STAFF WAS INFORMED THAT THERE IS A PRESIDENT'S OFFICE THAT CAN ASSIST IS DISPUTES MY BALANCE WOULD HAVE BEEN PAID IN FULL. SO WITH MY STORY IS NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO REVERSE THE OVERLIMIT FEES FOR THE LAST 12 MONTHS EVEN WHEN I HAVE SUBMITTED PROOF THAT THEIR STATEMENTS SHOWED THE INCREASE WAS GRANTED THEY TOLD ME THAT IN THE COMPUTER IT WAS REVERSED AFTER 30 DAYS AND I SHOULD HAVE JUST PAID IT IN MAY 1999. I HAVE CONTACT AN ATTORNEY WHO HAS SUGGESTED THAT I TRY TO FIND AS MAY PEOPLE AS I CAN WHO HAVE HAD TO PAY FOR FEES THAT THE BANK ADDED FRAUDULENTLY AND START A CLASS ACTION SUIT, IF ANYONE READS THIS AND WOULD LIKE TO RESPOND TO ME YOU CAN DO SO AT BRITEYZ9@AOL.COM LET ME KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPED TO YOU AND IF YOU'D LIKE TO BECOME PART OF A SUIT.

4. GS

GS Guest

RACHEL, You can fax them proof til hell freezes over and they will call you a lier,
    everytime, even with proof in their hand.
    CROOKS COUNTRY BANK and their CUSTOMER SERVICE are nothing but a bunch of lowlifes
    with no morals or integrity bent on screwing their customers everyway they can. A good
    reputation means nothing to them. They no their the worst bank out their, and this so
    called ROCCO is nothing but a loan shark.
    I'm glad I got out when I did, Anybody that
    reads this checking out CCB, stay away, you
    will regret it the rest of your life, and your credit will be worse than when you started. This bunch of low lifes need a
    class action suit against them. Rachel contact the DELEWARE STATE BANKING COMMISSSION, THEY HAVE A LITTLE LUCK WITH
    THEM, ALSO CONTACT YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, AND CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND LODGE A COMPLAINT. IF GOOD OL
    JOSEPH FROM CCB IS READING OUT THERE, YOU AND
    ALL YOUR CO-WORKERS ARE NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF CROOKS WITH NO MORALS AND ENJOY DESTROYING
    PEOPLES LIVES. FROM YOUR POSTS IN THE PAST I WOULD SAY YOUR ONE OF THE BIGGEST CROOKS THEY HAVE, YOU AND YOUR BUTT BUDDY ROCCO.
    SORRY I WENT ON TO LONG, BUT THIS BUNCH OF CROOKS PISS ME OFF WHEN I HEAR WHAT THEY DO
    TO PEOPLE. FORGIVE ME BOARD, I APOLOGIZE!

5. Len

Len Guest

Rachel, it would be hard to believe that Cross Country could be so dishonest and corrupt if my own experience with CCB had not been so similar.
    I hope sharing Cross Country nightmares serves as a warning to other potential victims.

6. Meredith

Meredith Guest

I am suing them for the same thing myself rachel

7. RACHEL

RACHEL Guest

IF YOU CAN E MAIL ME THE DETAILS SO THAT I CAN INFORM MY ATTY. I WILL NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME OR E MAIL ADDRESS. I JUST WANT TO USE IT FOR MY CASE

8. Sean Conwa

Sean Conwa Guest

If you believe your rights as a consumer have been violated by Cross Country Bank, please contact me at Sean@neoplanet.com or 917-592-5744. I am examining the possibility of bringing a class action suit against Cross Country Bank for damaging my credit rating and wrongfully accruing fees and penalties against me. Please spread the word -- thank you.

Sean Conway

9. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Racheal,

My husband had this card against our better judgement. He received an invoice before he ever even got a card, he then tried to cancel the service but they wouldn't cancel off the fees, so he thought he'd just use it to rebuild his credit. Two years and several late fees and never applied payments, we have shut the door on this chapter, or so we thought. After they never posted a $300 payment, even though we faxed and overnighted them copies of the cancelled check, we closed the account and refused to pay the $150 balance until they posted the check, needless to say the check was never posted and late fees and overlimit fees continued to add up to now over $800. I contacted a consumers group and they put me in charge with an attorney who wants to investigate a class action suit. You can email him at the follwing address:

email: cliff@mylawyers.com

He's looking for anyone with evidence of wrong doing to join.

Thanks! Good Luck! I say show them that they can't legally operate a loan shark establishment.

Valerie

10. bg

bg Guest

Valerie, I e-mail them about some of the crap
    CROOKS COUNTRY BANK did to me but I haven't
    heard back from them yet. I just e-mail it
    last night so they haven't had time to respond yet but I'll keep you informed.