Goodwill letter success

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cubs, Aug 20, 2003.

1. cubs

cubs Member

Just wanted to let everyone know goodwill letters really work. I have had some 30/60 days fall off from two creditors now.

2. zumwald1

zumwald1 Active Member

Yes, me too. I just got another success in the mail today. This tradeline deleted 60,90,&120 day lates & left 1 30 day late from 2 years ago. That was a pretty good deal for me!!!!! The account has been current for awhile though!!

DiSpy

3. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!

Keep up the good work guys.

:)

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

5. cubs

cubs Member

I have been paying on time for the last 12+ months so this has certainly helped with the process.

6. KAZ1973

KAZ1973 Active Member

Who was your success with? I tried one to MBNA and they said no.

7. cubs

cubs Member

I have had a terrible time with MBNA. I tried Planet Feedback and postal mail with goodwill letters. Neither worked. I was told they couldn't change how they report information to the CRA's.

Discover and CapitalOne have been great to work with. I will keep doing business with them in the future.

As soon as MBNA is paid off I will never use them again.

8. KAZ1973

KAZ1973 Active Member

I feel the same on MBNA. Working on getting my limit increased on Capitol one so I can move all of my balance over and can call and tell MBNA to shove it.

9. Gormadoc

Gormadoc Member

Capital One is one of the creditors I have to deal with.. Where did you send the letters to or did you speak with a specific person? Thanks.

10. onyx79

onyx79 Member

Could you post the letter that you used, I didn't have success with either capital one or discover even after 18 months of good payments.

11. eedwards

eedwards Active Member

Please share the letter, and the creditors, I have about 7 that said no