Goodwill Letter to Same Creditor??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bouncn'Bak, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Bouncn'Bak

Bouncn'Bak New Member

I am sending out two goodwill letters for two Credit Cards. Both are with CitiCards: Citi Platinum and Citi AA. From my research, the billing and account information are held by the same facility. I am directing these to the Office of the President, same addressee. I currently have these letters writing seperately. My main concern is should I send them as two seperate letters since they are two seperate accounts...or should I address both accounts on the same letter? If I send them seperately, should I send them at the same time or should I leave a little lag time between the two...or should I send one and wait to see the response I get for the first one?

This is my first go at this...so I'd like to try to get it right the first time around if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

2. chrisb

chrisb Well-Known Member

A few pieces of additional information from you will help us to make a better suggestion on your dilemma. You have stated that you are wanting to send 2 goodwill letters for the 2 Citi accounts.

Are they both asking only for the deletion of a single late payment?

Are both cards showing a late payment associated with the same time period?

Because if both accounts had a missed payment because you had to fly to California to be with your sick mom, and didn't remember to send off the payments before you left (or some other incident that would explain it) I would think both cards could be put into the same bucket. However, if you were late on different time periods - and the derogatory marks on your credit report aren't related, I personally would split them up - and separate them by a good while (hopefully see a response to the first - wait a week or two - then fire off the second one)

Also it would be good to know how long ago these issues occurred.