Goodwill try on closed acct?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by faztcobra, Aug 6, 2003.

1. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

I see on here all the time about people writing goodwill letters to companies they still have accts with. I'm primarily focusing on the part of the letter that says "i'm looking forward to a continued relationship in the future". Well, what about an account that I paid solid for 2 years after the acct was closed by the grantor for nonpay. I finally got the bal down and BT to another card. Still worth a try to get the lates removed even though it has a zero bal since January? They've already updated the CRAs with "acct paid as agreed". I'd just like to get the lates removed. Anyone had any luck in this situation?

2. firsthomr

firsthomr Active Member

I would like to know as well. I have several paid accounts that have slow pays or have been in collections. Will a goodwill letter?

3. tiger00

tiger00 Well-Known Member

Goodwill is always a good first step, just look at the sample letters, and put them in your own words. If that doesn't work, then you can try the "nutcase rationale" for stubborn paid collections.

Since I started working on my paid collections in early June the nutcase has worked for 3 out of 6 accounts, and the other 3 are soon to receive the ITS. Different tactics work for different people, and I would suggest reading as much as you can on all of the techniques before you decide which path to take.

Most of all, choose a path, and stick to it, and with time and a little patience it will pay off!!!