Got $1k Increse from Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Just called their retention (800-215-7318) dept. and stated that I was inquiring about an increase. It's been more than 120 days since my last increase and I was hoping to use the card from some business related travel expenses <snicker!> but it's hard when the limit is only $950! Rep offered me $1k (didn't have to pay any fee for this) right on the spot and it will be available in 2 business days. I then asked about getting an extra $50 to make the limit an even $2k and he stated that he couldn't override $1k. Oh well. I'm still happy though...

2. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Re: Got $1k Increse from Provi

Good for you MP, I wish I hadn't screwed up my Providian CC's, they seem to be a decent bank to deal with. Oh well, I am new to all this, glad I found this board (thanks to a Cross Country Bank search) too late, I might add. But I am learning alot from all of you.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Lucy

I read your posts and I must say, you've gone though a terrible ordeal! :-(

I hope things get better for you so that you can get as far away as possible from Cross Country Bank.......damn crooks!

4. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Re: Lucy

Thank you MP, that is very kind of you. I just hope my tactic for dealing with Cross Country Bank helps, as we can't pay them off right now without me working. Did you read it? Do you think it will work?