Got a GetSmart Visa Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by matty61184, Sep 13, 2001.

1. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Providian is definitely out for me!

They admit they denied me without pulling a credit report because my "application information made them believe I had an insufficient credit history" (birthdate really!)

Then they pulled a hard and a soft inquiry everyday this week on EX.

What a bunch of losers.

Steph

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i agree, their retention department sucks, They will NOT give credit increases anymore from retention. Period.

They would not budge below 15.9% or grace period.

I told them they needed to be at least competitive to capital one, or i'll take my business there since their executive offices listen. (13.9%, grace, no yearly fee for crap 1 gold).

They are a good middle point, until you can finagle a citi card, but then their snide attitude, and lackluster performance (and ugly cards) make them useless. Good middle ground card, though..

3. Om

Om Well-Known Member

What do you mean, "I can't believe you've placed Fleet and Amex in the same category."? Is this offensive to you? I used them as examples of two credit issuers with higher credit standards. The only category I put them in is prime. The banks I picked were simply used to illustrate two ends of a spectrum and to try and get some useful feedback on what is in the middle.

-Om

4. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

That is true, but American Express provides far higher service. From what I have read, Fleet is a nightmare waiting to happen, and you wouldn't want to have anything to do with them.

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Fleet is not as bad as they once were, but they are certainly not in Amex's category. In my opinion Amex can only be compared to maybe Chase. Just my opinion.

www.creditsense.com

6. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Again, I wasn't comparing the two cards to one another. I just picked the first two prime cards that came to mind. Next time I'll just use one example of a prime card as to not take away the focus from what I was trying to accomplish.

-Om