got a junum dispute returned

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, Apr 18, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: They did post the lex lett

I just have a hard time believing that..I did all the disputes in such a manner previously, then moved to my own letters, etc etc etc..and they fixed what couldn't be fixed for so long..
    for instance, Experian had 2 accounts on me and they fixed it and I had been arguing till I was blue in the face..

and, to think they could have fixed it with that form..I don't know...can't believe that..

:::::::::::::::living in Twilight Zone..that's me:::::::::::

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oops

I mean Experian had 2 files..sigh

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

And still thinking outloud her

If you are one who received the credit repair letter from the credit bureaus..why on earth would they send it out from that??? I mean...doesn't make sense

4. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

OnTU they diputed 2 judgements and 1 charged off cc and one delinquent cc. The 2 judgements were actually the same....it showed up as a state tax lien and then a released state tax lien ....I think they are the same....I never knew anything about these....don't even know if they are mine.On equifax 2 charged off CR and 1 installment account(129 days delinquent) and 1 cc (120 days delinquent) I guess the best thing about all this is that I know what they disputed...they would not tell me when I asked.

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned

it doesn't matter how they dispute because they are getting far better results than I was getting on my own. I disputed a couple of entries that had duplicate listings and got nowhere after 2 attempts. Junum got both deleted in 1 attempt. My transunion is just about perfect after 1 round, with experian not far behind. So, if that method works for them - great.

6. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

George,

THIS SOUNDS FISHY...I THINK THEY VIOLATED THEIR OWN RULES...

what do you mean by this???Who violated their own rules??

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THE POST OFFICE...I DON'T THINK THAY HAD THE RIGHT TO DO WHAT THEY DID...

that the Postal Inspection Service instructed the letters be returned to sender

8. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

I did not get back the dispute from Experian....but I have to assume it was the same...just wondering why that one made it through the mail ...or did it? I guess I will be calling tomorrow to verify. It was the first report I sent to Junum so it was the first dispute that was sent out. I am hoping they received it because these others that came to me are going to delay my first round....I was expecting to get the results by the end of the month....little did I know TU and EQ hadn't even received the disputes yet.

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Questions

First of all.......my bad! Yes they did post the Lexington letters.......forgot about that!

Second: To my knowledge, only TU uses a form to dispute stuff. But the form has your TU "File Number" pre-printed on it. So what form exactly are they using? One w/o your file number on it? Or are they putting the file number on there?

Third: Could it be a possibility that they are having people do on-line disputes w/ Equifax and calling Experian personally pretending to be you to do disputes?

Here's my thinking.......they are using TU's form and mailing diputes. Then they are logging into Equifax's web site and doing on line investigations. Then they are calling or possibly mailing Experian disputes.

What do you guys think?????? I guess they could legally do this since we signed a power of attorney and they are acting on our behalves.

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Questions

They didn't do any online disputes with equifax for me. It took 3 mailings, the 3rd certified, for equifax to finally admit to having received the disputes. I was calling equifax almost every day for the past 2 weeks to verify their receipt of the disputes, and every time they said they hadn't received them, they tried to get me to start the disputes by phone. I guess in some cases it may be possible, but in mine they didn't.

11. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

So, Get this!

I bet you ANYTHING they are doing on-line disputes for Equifax. It would be so easy to do. All they need to do is go here: https://www.ai.equifax.com/ai/ and enter in a confirmation number (listed on the report that you just sent to them), your last name, street address number, and last for of SSN (they have all this info). Then presto! Dispute started!

Then use the pre printed for for TU and mail those. Finally, call Experian using the report number from your report that you just sent them and start an investigation over the phone.

Wouldn't this be crazy if that's what they were doing? If that's the case, then I can do that on my own! I have time to do that. I thought they were sending specially written letters, etc. that were worded in a way that got things deleted. Basically......it seems to me that they are just disputing over and over and over until they get results!

Humm......now here's something to think about!!!!!

12. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Re: So, Get this!

Well, if that's all they are doing.. I'll help all you guys out and have you sign a power of attorney form to me and I'll do those things or ya at 75% of the cost! =)

13. Saar

Saar Banned

Don't underestimate them. This is a perfectly valid way to handle a first round of disputes.

Next time, do your own disputes for the first round and let them handle the second :)

Saar

14. sam

sam Well-Known Member

You guys are buying witch potions. :)

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Sigh..I'm gonna use my Junum speed dial number today. heheheeh

That top ten is getting more and more accurate. Let's just ask.