got a spiegel card after denial....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Jul 29, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Wierd. I've been applying for junk cards to alter my debt/income ratio, which is rather high lately due to my new project car.

anyways. I was denied a spiegel. I think one of the credit bureaus said they would mail all the recent inquirers the updated reports.

as a result, after getting a spiegel denial letter, now i got a card from them $400 limit. Whoopie.

But i heard from others they are very generous at upping the limit, if i use it a little, and would be very good for my debt/balance ratio in the future.

So these online disputes, have resulted in me actually getting a card. Word.

2. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Watch out for Spiegel. THis is what happened to me. I received my first bill. I payed it. Then never received my second bill. Because this was a new card I hadn't logged the expected arrival date of the statement and so I went on vacation and lost track of time. Then I decided to call and find out what was going on. Well, my payment was due that day and if I didn't want to be late I had to go to an Eddie Bauer store to make a payment. I had school that night so I didn't have time to go the mall and pay. I sent in a payment through the mail. When I got my next bill I noticed I had a $30 late fee. I was mad. My bill was only $30 and then $30 late fee. Ooohhh. SO I called to close my acccount and the rep asked me to keep it and said they would remove the late fee as a one time courtesy. So be careful.