got approved for a citibank ca

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lee, Jan 8, 2001.

1. lee

lee Guest

Hi to everyone

I have applied for the citibank drivers edge card,and guess what?I got instant approvel for 9K limit.Also i got a 2.9% balance transfer offer for a full 9 months.They will mail me a check in my name for 8500.00 in 4 days.They said i should receive my card in 7 to 10 business days.This is the fastest service i got from citibank.Now i am in good hands now so i can sit back,and relax,and watch my debt go!Way to go citibank!

2. Nancy Klin

Nancy Klin Guest

RE: got approved for a citiban

I cant even get a measly $500 card and all you people are getting 9, 17, 19k limits, god i want to die

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

CitiBank is nice because you don't have to wonder and wait. I'm delighted you were approved.

The customer service for CitiBank is excellent. You'll enjoy working with them.

Donna

4. lee

lee Guest

Hi Donna

Thank you.I am glad i got the card because this card,and AT&T universal are the right cards to have for future balance transfers.One of these days,i will get an offer from these 2 that no other creditor can beat.That is a balance transfer offer at a low rate good until the balance is paid-off.I heard that they will offer within 2 years after opening of their accounts.Also i have applied for the AT&T card too_Only this card dosn't give instant approvals.I shouldn't have any trouble at all on getting approved for their card.I will keep you posted,and let you know when i get the card.

5. Darrell

Darrell Guest

BofA has an 8.9 percent balance transfer option good for the life of the loan. Received the offer the other day.

6. lee

lee Guest

Citibank,and at&t will beat that rate.They offer any where from 3.9% to 6.9% until paid on their balance transfers.As long as a person has got a very high FICO score,and at the same time isn't adding no more debt qualifies for these very low rate offers.Also paying much more then the min. is a big plus.

7. Michael

Michael Guest

For Lee

Lee if you don't mind me asking what other credit do you have, and what limits and duration opened?

Hey I'm real happy for you, Way to go!

8. lee

lee Guest

RE: For Lee

Here is my three tradelines that i currently have before citibank gets added on which will be my forth one.

CHASE with a 14K limit date opened 07/93

MBNA with a 8500.00 limit date opened 02/95

DISCOVER with a 11K limit date opened 10/99

Here is alittle history about my first 2 tradelines.When i got my chase credit card formerly known a chemical bank then it became chase,my starting limit was a 1,500.00 limit,and to date is has grown to 14K,and i am about due for another increase on my account.Now with MBNA my credit line was 2500.00 back in 95,and to date has grown to 8500.00 limit,and they do give increases but they are alittle tighter on giving them.DISCOVER is fairly new.When i got this card it only had a 9K limit,and to this date they raised it 2K giving me a limit of 11K now.

It takes alot of hard work to build these kinds of high limits.I never been late,and payed more then the min-due.I have a FICO score of 730 which is good.

9. Samantha

Samantha Guest

LEE

The AT&T Universal card is owned and operated by Citibank. In fact you speak to the same representatives when you call to get info on bth cards. It is possible that you can call to get info on one card. hang up and call to get info on the other card and speak to the same representative on both calls.

10. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: LEE

Samantha, I see the domain hosting you is globalc38.citicorp.com

Are you a Citi employee?

Saar

11. ?4Lee

?4Lee Guest

RE: LEE

Did your increases come automatically, or did you have to ask for them?