got bad credit when i was 14?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by josh barre, Jun 3, 2000.

1. josh barre

josh barre Guest

when i was bout 14 yrs old i got bad credit from colubbia house, i mean i wasn't old enought to work , but what im wondering is if thats legal i mean at 14 my signiture wasn't legal to my knowlage.
    now becuse if this that shows up on my credit report anyone know if its possable to get that removed becuse of my age, plz email and give me ur thoughts for a course of action

2. kim

kim Well-Known Member

RE: got bad credit when i was

I never knew columbia house appeared on a credit report. You don't give your SSN for that, do you?

3. Craig R

Craig R Guest

i got Columbia, BMG, Book-of-t

Josh, not to worry. I'm surprised it even appears on your credit report. I have ordered from Columbia, BMG, History Book Club, Book of the Month Club, and many others without ever paying a dime â?? all from the convenience of my own home! All you do is say "I never ordered them or I don't know what you are talking about" and that's it! The merchandise is for you to keep for free! If the Columbia trade line IS on your report, just dispute the meaning of IS. Write a letter to the credit reporting agencies and say "Excuse me but your facts are in error, what is this columbia stuff on my report? I never had an account with them, in fact I never heard of them, please remove."

4. JP

JP Guest

RE: i got Columbia, BMG, Book-

LOL, while I don't agree with admittedly not paying for merchandise received, the whole question can be answered in this way. If you were 14, as far as the law is concerned you can't legally enter into a binding contract, thus you aren't responsible for the debt.

Oh yeah, music clubs and book clubs usually don't report to credit bureaus.

Regards,
    JP

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: got bad credit when i was

Josh, I think you should either call the credit bureaus or write a letter disputing this on your report. It should not be a major problem having this removed. Good luck!

6. The Lady C

The Lady C Guest

its ok hun

Like my mama always sed, two tears in a buckit, muthafuckit.

7. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

You admit to outright theft and mail fraud and then you laugh about it. How pathetic. Did you know that mail fraud is a federal crime, a felony? Each time counts as a seperate offense.

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Good point spyguyjim. I should have been paying more attention to the post. Josh, if you did order these items from this company, morally you should pay them back. It is the right thing to do.