Got Cap1 Gold Card... : )

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dustin, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

I just called Capital 1 and asked for a credit increase. The lady told me I was on the "Prefered Customer" list and was eligible for a $100 increase, and an upgrade to a Gold card. I took it. I think I may be doing better. I have had this card since November. : )
    While not much, this is my first increase with Cap1, and after totally killing my credit with a repo 2 years ago. I also was able to get a car loan in Feb.! : )
    A little bit of stress releved, as the Credit Repair/rebuilding is going better!

Dustin

2. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Nice job! You're getting there!

Cap 1 is very tight with the credit increases.

Preferred customer = $100 increase - hate to see what a non preferred customer would get, maybe a $10 increase.

When Cap 1 upgraded me to a gold card, they gave me a small increase and charged me an $39 upgrade fee. Dustin, did they charge you a fee to upgrade?

Chet

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My last increase was $5,000 but I was denied CAPITAL ONE...

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Good Work

Congratulations, Dustin.

I'm impressed with the headway you've made with CapOne. Traditionally, this company is soooo stingy and your increases have come pretty fast.

In 1996, I received a classic card from CapOne. At the time, my credit was actually pretty decent and I was granted a limit of $1000.

"That's pretty nice," I thought, and anticipated that increases would come quickly. They didn't. It was *four* years before I finally saw any sign of progress. That's when I got a measely $300 increase.

Six months later, though my limit expanded by $300; and, a week after that, I received an offer to upgrade my classic to gold, with an additional $500 increase.

About six months ago, I responded to one of CapOne's gold card offers. The initial limit was $500 but, within three months, it jumped to $3000.

Maybe this company is getting better. I'm an optimist at heart so I'll continue to hope that they're loosening their belt a little.

Donna

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: Good Work

Good job, Dustin. Capital One is stingy, but they do have good customer service. Any increase is a milestone. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

6. Len

Len Guest

Re: Good Work

Donna, it took Capital One 4 years to give me a $500 increase also. They finally unsecured my secured Visa after 5 years (of perfect payment history.
    Whatever you think of Aria, my limit went from $1000 to $4500 in 1 year.
    Capital One has been honest, but the frustration can be high.